Eliminated

Hoosyadaddy

Biting my tongue... I've been reading, and going to every RIDGEVIEW GAME, some people do not know the meaning of patience, Enough said...

I've heard there is some good young talent coming up in a few years. Have you got a chance to watch any of the younger kids?

UVAO and I said before the consolidation that Ridgeview would struggle at first. The talent gap from A to AA on a WEEK TO WEEK basis is very large. A single A school can go play a AA once and a while and win, but when you suddenly play the 10 game schedule and 8+ of your games are against AA teams, you're gonna have growing pains. A lot of them. Union wasn't a powerhouse right away. It took 3-4 years. Like someone said, there were low expectations there. Some of you guys had Ridgeview as a lock for a top 8 playoff team before they had ever played a game.

Give the coach and the kids time. Otherwise, you're gonna turn into Tazewell.

Sorry man, I like you and UVAO and respect your opinions, but the sand in the hourglass is running thin at this point.

UVAO and I said before the consolidation that Ridgeview would struggle at first. The talent gap from A to AA on a WEEK TO WEEK basis is very large. A single A school can go play a AA once and a while and win, but when you suddenly play the 10 game schedule and 8+ of your games are against AA teams, you're gonna have growing pains. A lot of them. Union wasn't a powerhouse right away. It took 3-4 years. Like someone said, there were low expectations there. Some of you guys had Ridgeview as a lock for a top 8 playoff team before they had ever played a game.

Give the coach and the kids time. Otherwise, you're gonna turn into Tazewell.

Yep!  Having 28 kids on the roster and facing teams with 40+ week in and week out will not have positive results.  Ridgeview will be fine in time.  Consolidations are never as simple as they may appear, especially when trying to blend a couple of distinctly different fan bases and football philosophies such as Haysi and Clintwood.

I get what youre saying Ryan and ive heard it a lot from different people but honestly that's not the issue, from 2005-2014 there was a team in Dickenson County that could have competed very well in the MD and probably won some district titles(2005, 2013, 2014 Haysi teams and 2006- 2012 Clintwood teams) but the talent simply isint in the school right now. Every program has peaks and valleys in terms of raw talent and right now Dickenson Co is in a valley. Any of those team I listed would take this Ridgeview team behind the wood shed.

Week in week out is different but any of those teams I listed would whoop up on Ridgeview. I have faith that Mullins will get the program on track but right now they are pretty bad.

The last thing they need is a coaching change right now, it would stop the programs development and set them up for a decade of struggles(no offense intended but look at what has happened at Tazewell and Lee).

Just gonna have to ride this out

That is an issue, the schools doesn't "belong" to anyone. Hopefully that will come with time

I believe, in part, that is an issue in Carroll and Grayson.  Carroll has support in and around Hillsville but little from the remaining 80% of the county.

Tazewell. If not certainty, should be. Can't tackle, but can't learn if you practice in shorts most days. Heard from many a horses mouth that most won't play unless a change comes. Shame bc I'm tired of seeing my green and white down.

Same sh1t, different year. Whiny parents, arm chair quarterbacks, & entitled gray heads won't ever win Tazewell a football game. If they get out of the way then maybe the kids could be the change they all want.

Tazewell needs dedication and unity from the entire community if they ever want their kids to get a fair shake.

In regards to Ridgeview, there is definitely a talent gap right now between us and the rest of our competition. Everybody who knew Dickenson county football knew this was coming, although maybe not to this extent. I have some issues with coaching but try not to say too much. I definitely don't scream at them from the stands. I know most of you have heard it's not about the X's and O's it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's. In other words talent wise you can't bring a switch to a knife fight every Friday and expect to win. There is a brighter future if it all the kids don't quit before we can get there.

In regards to Ridgeview, there is definitely a talent gap right now between us and the rest of our competition. Everybody who knew Dickenson county football knew this was coming, although maybe not to this extent. I have some issues with coaching but try not to say too much. I definitely don't scream at them from the stands. I know most of you have heard it's not about the X's and O's it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's. In other words talent wise you can't bring a switch to a knife fight every Friday and expect to win. There is a brighter future if it all the kids don't quit before we can get there.

Yeah, same here... I'm not cussing him from the stands like I heard many do Friday night, but I certainly don't think his offense works with 2A ball.  It works great for 1A, but not 2A.

RV will be fine in years to come as far a the Mullins offence not working well what they are running is NOT what Clintwood ran from 2004 until 2014 it is in place to try to hide there lack of size strength and depth on the line of scrimmage.

Rick is a heck of a coach and RV is lucky to have him as others have stated the issue with RV this season is a big dip in talent county wide that anyone who follows football locally saw coming 3 or 4 years ago

RV is in the Same situation as Honaker but no one is calling for Hubbard's head just yet

Another example will be Hurley after this season there dip in success next season will not be due to Tester forgetting how to coach but the dip in talent next season

Does Ridgeview have any shot at beating Grundy? Don't know much about either but would like for a Ridgeview win so that Giles will pass Grundy for the #8 seed

Barring some sort of injury or something of that nature, Grundy wins this matchup. 

I think Grundy wins, although Ridgeview has been close in some games, so it's not out of the question. ( So you're saying there's a chance )

We held McNutt last year to literally nothing, maybe even negative yards.  Not sure what Grundy has through the air but there IS a chance.  I kind of hope Grundy wins, so they can host a first round game to be honest.  A win by us gives us 32 power points and a very miniscule chance of potentially getting a playoff berth with a win over Honaker, and even those two wins probably won't be enough.  But anyways... I think Grundy will win.

We held McNutt last year to literally nothing, maybe even negative yards.  Not sure what Grundy has through the air but there IS a chance.  I kind of hope Grundy wins, so they can host a first round game to be honest.  A win by us gives us 32 power points and a very miniscule chance of potentially getting a playoff berth with a win over Honaker, and even those two wins probably won't be enough.  But anyways... I think Grundy will win.

Jackson is a good little WR. He has some speed and can make catches. 

I watched Grundy at Central and in the Jamboree in Norton. They really improved a lot from last year. As far as passing. Grundy made every pass they needed to against Central, and the taller receiver (don't recall his #) made some really good catches.