Gate City @ Wise Central

Leatherhead Larry

I hoping we are not so dependent on the QB this week. Collier almost had 40 carries last week, that's not good. We gotta distribute the ball and make plays when we do it.

40 carries is a ton for one HS kid (although I really hope the GC staff didn't call that number of QB run plays, that's jus bad coaching. I'd say a portion were read plays or scrambles.), esp against a tough Battle defense. The Wise D isn't as good as Battle, and I think GC can attack Central in more ways than a QB run. The first team defense should be accustomed to the Wise offense tho, having to face Collier every week has to give them an ede.

I know there was 6 or 7 out banged up/sick against Battle. Are the same boys not looking hopeful for the game against Wise? GC needs everyone they have to be healthy. Running Collier 40 times is a quick way to add one more to the injured list.

Playing 10 straight weeks without an open date has never been a good idea. I hope and pray they get away from that.

I kind of like it for Richlands. Gives you a "bye" heading into the playoffs to get healthy and go scout freely.

If we had the depth that Richlands has, it wouldn't bother me as bad..lol

Need to have some of the NORTH KIDS......transfer, to GATE CITY, like RICHLANDS, or hire their recruiting staff....sorry couldn't pass that up

Slow start tonight for the Devils but finally started putting things together right before halftime. Thank goodness Wise Central couldn't catch a cold. (3 dropped touchdown passes that were as wide open as wide open gets). Collier surpassed a very big milestone tonight for GC as he scored his 100th career touchdown as a Blue Devil. Im very proud of this bunch for sticking it out after an 0-5 start and battling back to win out and to have a 5 game winning streak going into game 11. Good job Big Blue!

Slow start tonight for the Devils but finally started putting things together right before halftime. Thank goodness Wise Central couldn't catch a cold. (3 dropped touchdown passes that were as wide open as wide open gets). Collier surpassed a very big milestone tonight for GC as he scored his 100th career touchdown as a Blue Devil. Im very proud of this bunch for sticking it out after an 0-5 start and battling back to win out and to have a 5 game winning streak going into game 11. Good job Big Blue!

GC will be a tough out. Wouldn't want to see them round 1 with the way they've been playing.