1A Football

02GW12

I think most people would agree George Wythe, Hurley, Galax, Fort Chiswell and Parry McClure would be the cream of the crop in the west.  

The rest would be based on match-ups.  In my opinion, match-ups are more critical this season in 1A than in recent years.

West: 1. Galax

2. GW

3. Fort Chiswell

4. Parry McCluer

East: 1. Riverheads

2 .Sussex

3 .Central

4. Altavista

Semi-finals: Galax at Riverheads, Sussex at GW

Mine is basically identical to yours. With the exception of GW at 1 and PM at 3 in the west and Essex at the 4 in the east. I think they can make a run like Galax did last year. I'm not saying they are a state contender but they can be in the top 4 of the east.

May have to question Forts credentials after barely squeaking by Grayson Co

That could play up and there showing against GW and PM could spell trouble. But they did beat Galax so they are capable but which team shows up?

West: 1. Galax

2. GW

3. Fort Chiswell

4. Parry McCluer

East:  1. Riverheads

2 .Sussex

3 .Central

4. Altavista

Semi-finals:  Galax at Riverheads, Sussex at GW

If this is indeed how it plays out, then your two semifinals can't possibly happen.  The two one seeds don't play each other in the semis.

I too think Essex can make a run this year like Galax last year from a mid seed. My semis would be 6E Essex at 1W George Wythe, 2W Galax at 1E Riverheads.

I could definitely see this happening Essex has played by far the toughest schedule in 1A. People see those 5 losses and say they are done but I don't think they are.

People can say what they want to. But Hurley will not like running into the real competition. Galax, GW, Sussex, PM, RH, Essexs. Are 6 teams that would probably lay it on thick and fast. There is a huge difference between those 6 and Grundy and Castlewood.

Yes they did and played Galax close. But this isn't last year. I don't think anyone is saying Hurley isn't an ok team. But 90% of the people are saying they aren't a true contender. Many of the folks that are fans of far swva football are saying Hurley has a starting 11. After that it falls off quick 11 good players will not beat teams that are 2 and 3 deep.

We will see I guess come playoff time. U all will say boy them Hurley boys came ro play. After you get done linking your sore wounds. Haha can't wait

I don't doubt for a second that Hurley will come to play. But they will not have the horses to keep up for 4 Qs. They will not be ready when teams can actually play with them. What is there team numbers? And what is the average line size?

Hurley beat PM last year

Yes they did and played Galax close. But this isn't last year. I don't think anyone is saying Hurley isn't an ok team. But 90% of the people are saying they aren't a true contender. Many of the folks that are fans of far swva football are saying Hurley has a starting 11. After that it falls off quick 11 good players will not beat teams that are 2 and 3 deep.

Hurley is one of those teams which has a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE homefield advantage.  They can easily fill up their one section of seats with their own folks and shut the other team's fans completely out.  It's where they played PM last year.  Unless GW or Galax get upset in the first two rounds, Hurley will be on the road by round 3.  And how many of those Hurley folks will travel?  It's a looooooooong way from Hurley to GW or Galax.

Yes it is and 2.5 is a lot longer of a trip when traveling to a place that can be pretty hostel. GW and Galax fans will get after you and your players. Ask RR about GW fans filling up the end zone and talking to the players all night.

Hurley is one of those teams which has a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE homefield advantage. They can easily fill up their one section of seats with their own folks and shut the other team's fans completely out. It's where they played PM last year. Unless GW or Galax get upset in the first two rounds, Hurley will be on the road by round 3. And how many of those Hurley folks will travel? It's a looooooooong way from Hurley to GW or Galax.

What is your honest opinion of how a game between Hurley and Galax or GW would go. If played at Galax or GW?