1A Football

02GW12

I really don't think it matters where it's played. If everything is on the up and up the players will decide the outcome. So a field will make no difference GW travels very well when it an important game. So does Galax long drives don't bother us. Especially when it is a new place.

No it won't happen because Hurley won't have the power points. Rider points alone will be there down fall come playoff time. I said it early on sos will matter in November. But conspiracy theories are a nice excuse for getting handled.

Well seeing that you haven't played anyone in the top 10. I'd be surprised if you had and you're not the only one who wants that match up. And FYI it wouldn't happen in the semifinals. If by a miracle Hurley makes the semis they will go to RH. And haha is all I can say about that game.

Yeah. We havnt been handled yet so hope we get u in semis

If you understand anything about this playoff format it's the two teams from the same side of the state CANNOT play in the semi's....just saying.

Exactly Ryan if things went chalk. The 4 comes to 1 which would be fc at GW and 3 comes to 2 which would be hurley at Galax. If they don't then the lowest seed comes to the highest and the next 2 play each other.

I really didn't know as much as alot of u do about this. But I do know we have a good team and think we can make a run this year.

You are a true fan and all of us respect that and your passion. And none of are saying this stuff to down Hurley. But you have not seen teams like GW and Galax this year. GW is absolutely massive with team speed everywhere and subs for days. And Galax is methodical and only focus on moving you and scoring. And once they have a lead they drain the clock. Dixon is a wizard with what he has. Hurley is capable of making a run just like anyone else but it will be a culture shock if they come to GW.

This is my opinion, therefore, likely to not pan out!  George Wythe does not match up well with Galax but will likely beat the rest of 1A west, handily.  Galax doesn't match up well with Hurley but would likely beat the rest of 1A west.  The Fort Chiswell game was an aberration in the fact that Galax was in upheaval and completely distracted by circumstances surrounding the football team, and still may be to some extent.  Not intended to be an excuse and Fort Chiswell deserves significant credit for punching Galax in the mouth, repeatedly.  Match-ups, however they fall, will be significant this season for 1A west, which isn't always the case.

As others have said previously, Riverheads has taken a tough schedule to the woodshed.  They are the odds on favorite in my mind.

Well said and RH is the top dog right now. And you are spot on with matchups this year. GW and Galax shouldn't have to leave home until the semi's or the finals. That will benefit both teams and it will also help that they shouldn't meet up again unless it's in Salem. And if by some extreme miracle fc did beat Graham they would probably jump Hurley to. Things can shake out very different than they are right now. But GW and Galax should be 1 and 2.

Leather Head has probably seen a few GC vs GW games at legion and at GW. He can tell you how we travel to hostel territory.

Actually I played in a GC/GW game. It was a heck of a game, Legion was packed and it was the loudest crowd I ever played in front of. We changed the way our offense huddled up just for that game. We rode Tyler Parks all game, I believe he had 200+ yards on 40 some carries. And we got to Sharitz a few times and picked him off once to put the icing on the cake to win 21-14. If I'm not mistaking Sharitz didn't have an interception all season until that day.