Final Weekend / Playoffs

ghos88t

You never know, a few of these Bonus Points Games could go either way depending on who's hot or who's cold. I have Dan River (if they win tonight) with 267 pts. Union 265 pts., Richlands 244 pts. You know as well as I do that this a little bit of guess work. But if you stay at the #4 seed, your 2nd round game may be a rematch against Richlands.

So, now you're saying Union will be the #4 seed and Richlands the #5 seed and the game would be at Bullitt Park?

You never know, a few of these Bonus Points Games could go either way depending on who's hot or who's cold. I have Dan River (if they win tonight) with 267 pts. Union 265 pts., Richlands 244 pts. You know as well as I do that this a little bit of guess work. But if you stay at the #4 seed, your 2nd round game may be a rematch against Richlands.

I like your thinking and would love to host Richlands at The Park, but, unfortunately, that will be impossible. Union CANNOT get to 265 pts. 263 is the absolute max. Richlands currently has 262. They will get 2pts for Tazewell/Lebanon game regardless of who wins. That puts them at 264. That is their minimum. 

I wish, but it simply can't happen.

Appomattox is gonna finish 3rd after they lose to Amherst, Dan River will pass Union, and Union will finish 5th. Graham will be the 1 seed, Richlands the 2, via drawing a name out of a hat.

You actually believe the VHSL will pick a far SWVA team out of a hat? Ill believe it when i see it.

I like your thinking and would love to host Richlands at The Park, but, unfortunately, that will be impossible. Union CANNOT get to 265 pts. 263 is the absolute max. Richlands currently has 262. They will get 2pts for Tazewell/Lebanon game regardless of who wins. That puts them at 264. That is their minimum. 

I wish, but it simply can't happen.[/quote

Well, I typed a 4 (244) instead of a 6 (264), you never know, a football can bounce a lot different than a basketball, that's why we love the game of football. Still looks like a rematch with Richlands.

DUH, yes??? They play GW-Danville 4A, Magna Vista 3A, Halifax Co. 5A, Dan River 2A. Does Grundy play any teams like this.

Oh, jeez... you're one of those guys that thinks size matters,

Grundy played a 10-0 and a 9-1.. Did Martinsville play any teams like THAT?

How many 0 or 1 win teams did Mart play, 2?

Grundy had none on their schedule,

Well I see that you still don't understand. I wonder what Patrick County's record would have been if they had played Grundy's schedule. Then, I also wonder what Grundy's record would have been if they had played Patrick County's schedule. So, take a look at Patrick Co's schedule and count your victories.

I believe you are from Grundy, you are not going to like this, barring a major upset of Galax or GW. Hurley will probably finish No. 3. This one is going to finish in a cloud of DUST, all Top 3 teams will be pulling for a lot of upsets in the bonus points games.

One other little thing, the last time I watched a high school football game (last week) they played 11 on defense. So accusing 2 DBS for a lost is not a good thing. Put the blame where it should be, on the Head Coach and his assistants for not having the defense prepared. Now this, as you stated in a previous post, makes you look Stupid.

Dude, you need some help. You're jumping all over the place, changing the subject, and making stuff up.

You've been watching too much Donald Trump.

The topic was ratings points.  Look at 2A West. Only 1 team is "out of order" based on their record - Gate City at 5-5 jumped a couple of 6-4 teams.

Did any teams with worse records jump Grundy? No. Can't tell me Grundy plays a weak schedule when they're seeded with the other teams with the same record.

And it's not like schools set their schedule to get max points. You never know what 1-2 years down the road will hold. 

Did Buckingham's opponents play a weak schedule? Because they dropped like a brick this year. Last year, you would've said they had a strong schedule, right?

Football pays for most other sports, so you schedule nearby to get a good gate, or a farther away that's a draw. 

Grundy plays Central because of their coach. Richlands picked up Blacksburg for the same reason.

As for "you are not going to like this, ... Hurley will probably finish No. 3."

I don't know which way you mean that....

1. Is it that I won't like that they'll FINISH 3rd? I don't really care. Every team finishes where they finish, and the higher the seed the better. That's all there is to it.

2. or is it that I didn't KNOW that they'd be 3rd? Heck, I told their AD last Saturday they'd likely be 3rd, and would prob. host TV again. REALLY glad THAT didn't come true, esp. since it meant another BDD got in.

As for the "accusing 2 DBS for a lost" (sic) - I never said that, or even implied that.

You think I don't know how football works? LOL.

Quote of the year right there.

And if you take away JI Burton & Richlands, Union played a weak schedule.

Still butthurt that I called Grundys schedule weak wow I guess only you are allowed to make comments on Grundy and schedules for that matter. Get over it and yourself.

No because if I would have called it weak you would have said Richlands and Hurley are strong teams that is how it works in your head. I am not a Trump person so don't assume every person that disagrees with you on one point would also disagree on all of them.

Actually, I'm sitting here LMAO!

You called it weak by removing the best teams

I expect to hear something similar Wed - I WON the election, if you don't count NY & Cali.

It just doesn't work that way.

You never did reply when I asked you how many games Grundy would have won if they had played Patrick County's schedule.

Not talking playoff run, but seeding. Compared to teams we're battling with, it doesn't look weak to me. Hurley is another story....

games won by opponents for 2 bonus points, for 1 & total

22 20 42 - Grundy (38 per 9 games)

16 22 38 - Martinsville

24 10 34 - Glenvar

22 22 44 - Giles

21 12 33 - Marion

Like I said, we're on the road because of our D - 2 guys can't cover trips to one side. It REALLY doesn't take a math person to figure THAT one out.

. Maybe you could get ole wave to go teach a math class. But, I doubt he would consider coming out of retirement.

You never did reply when I asked you how many games Grundy would have won if they had played Patrick County's schedule.

ummmm, ooookaaaayyyy... I don't know... no one does.

Now, through wasting my time with this. Grundy's in the playoffs, as are Richlands, Hurley, Twin Valley & Honaker. Wish 'em all luck, and hope to see Parry at The Cliff again.