1st rd. pairings, start times are SET

VHSLhelper

ALL GAMES @ 7 Friday EXCEPT Richlands @ Abingdon hosts @ 7:30, JIB hosts Sat @ 2.

1A West

#11 Covington (6-4) @ #6 Parry McCluer (9-1)

#14 Rural Retreat (4-6) @ #3 Hurley (10-0)

#10 Radford (5-5) @ #7 Patrick Henry (7-3)

#15 Twin Springs (5-5) @ #2 George Wythe (9-1)

#12 Castlewood (6-4) @ #5 Chilhowie (8-2)

#13 Twin Valley (6-4) @ #4 Fort Chiswell (7-3)

#9 Narrows (6-4) @ #8 J.I. Burton (7-3) - - - 2:00 SAT

#16 Honaker (3-7) @ #1 Galax (8-2)

2A West

#11 Gate City (5-5) @ #6 Glenvar (8-2)

#14 J.S. Battle (5-5) @ #3 Richlands (9-1) - -  7:30 

#10 Grundy (7-3) @ #7 Martinsville (7-3)  

#15 Lebanon (4-6) @ #2 Graham (9-1)

#12 Lee (6-4) @ #5 Union (9-1), 7:00

#13 Floyd Co. (6-4) @ #4 Dan River (9-1)

#9 Marion (7-3) @ #8 Giles (7-3), 7:00

#16 Va. High (3-7) @ #1 Appomattox Co. (10-0)

3A West

Northside @ Abingdon - - - 7:30

Alot of these are to long of a drive for a friday night game. Are am i crazy???

Buckingham came to Richlands on a Friday night last year. They requested the Friday game. Didn't want to break up the routine. 

Buckingham came to Richlands on a Friday night last year. They requested the Friday game. Didn't want to break up the routine.

Coach Reed did the same when Abingdon had to travel up to Broadway a few years back too. Past a certain distance, coaches get their choice, and usually I've found they really value their Saturdays.

1A West

#10 Radford (5-5) @ #7 Patrick Henry (7-3)
#15 Twin Springs (5-5) @ #2 George Wythe (9-1)

#12 Castlewood (6-4) @ #5 Chilhowie (8-2)
#13 Twin Valley (6-4) @ #4 Fort Chiswell (7-3)

Each of those games will kickoff at 7.

Friday nights for the first two rounds at least. I can handle Saturday's for the final and semi-final game, and mayyyyybe a quarterfinal game.

OK Ryan, give it up, where do you need to be the next two Friday's? Seems you get your way on Friday/Saturday games:-) Seriously though work kills any Friday nights for me. By the time I get home and get ready, I would be pushing it to make it to any Friday game. Also, It's something about the glaring sun and dead grass that I like about Saturday playoffs.

OK Ryan, give it up, where do you need to be the next two Friday's? Seems you get your way on Friday/Saturday games:-) Seriously though work kills any Friday nights for me. By the time I get home and get ready, I would be pushing it to make it to any Friday game. Also, It's something about the glaring sun and dead grass that I like about Saturday playoffs.

Well I write for thekeyplay.com so I have to cover VT games this weekend and in two weeks (what would be the 3rd round game). So it would be super helpful for me to not have to miss the Richlands game because it's on the same day as a college game. Friday = high school, Saturday = college, Sunday = NFL. Let's all keep it this way haha.

I personally hate Friday night playoff games. But that's just my preference.

I am glad just to be in the playoffs.....not complaining about the time...That's like

A homeless man complaining about his steak someone bought him, not cooked right!

No hate here..........

100% glad to be in the playoffs, not hating on that. I just never liked Friday night playoff games as a player (only played 1 vs Powell Valley) the rest were Saturday games. Saturday games have a special feel to them. Plus I grew up watching GC in Saturday playoff games. They hold a special place in my heart.

I think playoffs on Saturday's is perfectly alright.  Besides, teams better acclimatize to playing during the day and on Saturday soon enough because, If you do make to the state championship, it's a day game, on a Saturday, probably pretty early.

100% glad to be in the playoffs, not hating on that. I just never liked Friday night playoff games as a player (only played 1 vs Powell Valley) the rest were Saturday games. Saturday games have a special feel to them. Plus I grew up watching GC in Saturday playoff games. They hold a special place in my heart.

Actually you should have grown up with GC playing Friday night playoff games the first 2 rounds and Saturday games at the state level.   In the old days Region IV played their games on Fridays while Region D played on Saturday.

Nope I remember way more Saturday day games as a kid. Maybe cause of bigger games. My favorite may have been 03 vs Radford in the State Semis (though it was a Sunday game) I also remember eating school pizza at Haysi while listening to the PA guy breathe through the mic the whole entire game. Haha. But I remember a few Friday night playoff games but not many. (Maybe due to the fact I was too young to remember most of em). But once I started realizing what was going on as far as playoffs and win and advance goes, most of those games were on Saturday.