Tazewell Football

Gunz9

I have heard Colobro is returning to Abingdon.  I tend to agree with this only because I would seriously doubt he would move to Tazewell Co.  Just my opinion though.

I hear John Gruden is open to making a run with high school football.

Somebody I used to work with knows him and his family well.  Even back to last year he told me that he would be interested in moving back to the area.  Again doesn't mean he is coaching just that he would be interested in coming back to be close to home.

It has been confirmed. Nick coloboro did apply and coach from few other school in swva. Supposed to went to coach one local swva schools.. It has been extended to review all applicants. I say more then likely it be coloboro.

Could just be the formality of it. They can have someone hired already but most have the open application window. Not saying is the case but could be...

They haven't done any interviews yet. Nobody has been hired yet, told they were going to be hired or anything of the sort.  Deadline to apply is December 19th.  Interviews will be conducted after Christmas break. 

Colobro would be great for Tazewell and it would be nice for him, if he were able to move close to his dad.  It would be hard to imagine a more qualified person or better fit for the Bulldogs, but you never know..... 

As far as moving to Tazewell.... Tazewell is an awesome place, full of awesome people, no matter what some of the folks from the outside think.  The High School is awesome and it is full of awesome kids and they deserve nothing but the best in all areas, not just sports.  

We have some special kids in this area folks, not sure how much you guys realize it, but after living in different areas..... it's not even close.

They haven't done any interviews yet. Nobody has been hired yet, told they were going to be hired or anything of the sort. Deadline to apply is December 19th. Interviews will be conducted after Christmas break.

Colobro would be great for Tazewell and it would be nice for him, if he were able to move close to his dad. It would be hard to imagine a more qualified person or better fit for the Bulldogs, but you never know.....

As far as moving to Tazewell.... Tazewell is an awesome place, full of awesome people, no matter what some of the folks from the outside think. The High School is awesome and it is full of awesome kids and they deserve nothing but the best in all areas, not just sports.

We have some special kids in this area folks, not sure how much you guys realize it, but after living in different areas..... it's not even close.

Nothing will be decided till the first of the year? That's a month of not having a coach that needs to be in the weight room with these boys now and during the break!

Administration doesn't look at it the way us normal fans do unfortunately. Hey at least will be longer than our previous coaches prep time lol

Or maybe they want to do it right rather than rush into something? Seems like they have "slipped up" the past 4 football vacancies. 

It sure as hell wasn't because they rushed into anything.

Surprising, Tazewell is not a "desirable" place coaching wise at this point. maybe they are trying to wine and dine some people to apply. Small window for applying and people get antsy and they do not apply. What are they really missing by waiting to decide until January? most school are not lifting at this point. I said most.... I know someone is going to come on here and say Jo Bill High is and they are going to win state! Most off season work outs begin in January anyway from my interaction with high schools. 

THS offers the options and opportunities, getting the kids to come out is the issue.  I understand with other sports going on some may concentrate on that area but there are always opportunities to extend conditioning and lifting.  It's not just seasonal, I know coaches that will stay behind and supervise and make sure they complete sessions.  Again, this is one of the areas what parents don't see.

It's not that Tazewell is doing things their own way.  You have to do things legally and the job has to be posted for a certain amount of time.  It also has to be posted on the statewide data base...  Interviews have to take place with a Committee and then they will narrow it down from there.  The days of picking somebody and sticking them in a job are long gone, that's a good set up for a law suit.  Everybody just needs to be patient.

Interviews will begin after Christmas Break. In the meantime, I'm sure the assistants are having them lift weights and condition.

Heck, if a parent is that concerned....take them to the dang Community Center or the Y for Goodness sake..

It's not that Tazewell is doing things their own way.  You have to do things legally and the job has to be posted for a certain amount of time.  Interviews have to take place with a Committee and then they will narrow it down from there.  The days of picking somebody and sticking them in a job are long gone, that's a good set up for a law suit.  Everybody just needs to be patient.

I don't believe the process you're speaking of was followed for the previous MS coaches at Graham. Is this just for HS?

Surprising, Tazewell is not a "desirable" place coaching wise at this point. maybe they are trying to wine and dine some people to apply. Small window for applying and people get antsy and they do not apply. What are they really missing by waiting to decide until January? most school are not lifting at this point. I said most.... I know someone is going to come on here and say Jo Bill High is and they are going to win state! Most off season work outs begin in January anyway from my interaction with high schools. 

No Wining or Dining....  They advertised the job, there is a mandatory time the job has to be posted.....they have to have an interview process....... They are still in the "taking applications" period...

I don't believe the process you're speaking of was followed for the previous MS coaches at Graham. Is this just for HS?

This is for any job...not just coaching.  The interview by Committee is not mandatory, but the advertisment of the job and interview process is, as far as I know.

I heard they will interview by committee, but it was 2nd hand information, so take it for what it's worth.

I'm Sure they will find the right person for the job, but for some of these folks to think that they can just come over and start working right away is pretty far fetched.

If they have another job, they are under-contract until the end of the school year.  Not likely that they can just break their contract and come work for another school system right away.  Maybe the school system they are with will be generous enough to do that, but I doubt it.  They will have a job to fill as well....

Patience is needed here.

Hope they get a good one.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the winning tradition be built back that quick at Tazewell. Hopefully they can either get someone in there with tons of experience and knowledge (ah-hem! Yes you know who I mean) or someone who is bright, young, and willing to put in the time and effort to build that program back to the glory days. Its just a matter of finding the right fit for the condition the program is in right now.

I thought you said it was going to be the 12th?

It was til nick coloboro applied. That change whole hiring process. It got ext to the 19th to review all applicants. It be announce sometime around first of year bc of Christmas break.

Bc guys.... This guy "knows"

I got about 4 sources. 2 close to the program and 2 that part of the schoolboard. But I won't know who they will chose. I have find like yall. But I was gave about 4 names that applied. Nick coloboro sticks out to me. He use to coach at tazewell. We see what happens.