Tazewell Football

Gunz9

I'm not sure Tazewell would be a good "stopping place" for a resume. At this point Tazewell High School football is where coaching careers go to die. I'm hearing they want a current Graham coach or the current Tazewell middle school coach. The kids there are long overdue for a taste of success. Just not sure the community is willing to stick it out for the growing pains.

If they are smart they will stick with and support Coach Allen......they have new facilities  a good off-season weight program and a good young group coming.  Continuity is key to success.  Coach Allen like the vast majority of football coaches is very solid.  They would be wise to keep him around in my opinion. 

If they are smart they will stick with and support Coach Allen......they have new facilities  a good off-season weight program and a good young group coming.  Continuity is key to success.  Coach Allen like the vast majority of football coaches is very solid.  They would be wise to keep him around in my opinion. 

New Facilities?  Oh you mean the new locker room.  Yeah it looked pretty nice.  The playing field itself needs some work in my opinion.  That has to be the hardest and lumpy field we played on this year.  Even then it's not a bad place to watch a football game. Tazewell certainly deserves to be better than what they have been.

The carousel has to stop at some point, no more rides.  The foundation has to be set and built on trust and support, support from parents, kids, and the community.  Do I want it back like in 1986, sure but everyone has to be involved.  It has gotten to the point where "I don't have a kid on the team so I have no need to participate" or "let someone else take care of it" attitude.  People in all categories of the school sports programs need to volunteer their time and see how much is involved, it's more than one night a month or three months out of the year.  In my opinion I think that's a major problem for Tazewell football, people want a quick fix overnight and it's not going to happen.  My two cents.

Heard rumors that Devon Johnson is thinking about coaching Tazewell when that job opens up but I think there talking about Ahmad Bradshaw!

No way that will happen. More likely the middle school coach or one of the assistants.

Heard rumors that Devon Johnson is thinking about coaching Tazewell when that job opens up but I think there talking about Ahmad Bradshaw!

Are you crazy? Devon is pursuing his dream of playing in the NFL. Plus if people leave SWVA they do not come back.

Are you crazy? Devon is pursuing his dream of playing in the NFL. Plus if people leave SWVA they do not come back.

He's instigating but some people do come back to SWVA and buy houses in Bluefield.

I really don't think he stepped down. HE has done lot for program over 5 years. They let him go. Sad to see this happen. He done more then coach and it was more then wins and loses. Parents, school board and few other had hand in his departure. When have a coach commit to the program they always run them off.

Yes the field does need a face lift. It is one of the last natural grass fields, the only grass playing surface servicing a school football team in this county mind you. The dry season really took a number on it. Many different fire departments helped to water the field. Also a lot of other games from middle school and little league. Facilities have been updated and are nice. Now it's time for the field. You think we are bad about running a coach off consistently, ask me or anyone in Tazewell about the guy that wanted to give us a new FieldTurf surface. All he asked was to have it named after him and we balked and ran him off. Just like what happened with the Presidency, we need a clean sweep of top power. I nominate myself to take over and would be glad to head that department.

New Facilities? Oh you mean the new locker room. Yeah it looked pretty nice. The playing field itself needs some work in my opinion. That has to be the hardest and lumpy field we played on this year. Even then it's not a bad place to watch a football game. Tazewell certainly deserves to be better than what they have been.

I really don't think he stepped down. HE has done lot for program over 5 years. They let him go. Sad to see this happen. He done more then coach and it was more then wins and loses. Parents, school board and few other had hand in his departure. When have a coach commit to the program they always run them off.

There is a lot more to it than what meets the eye.  Talk with some of the people on the inside and learn the truth about what's going on.  I'm not attacking him or defending him but truth is still truth no matter how ugly it can be.

With that said the middle school coach does need to be the one that gets the job.  He fits the description of a Tony Palmer and would be an excellent fit to build off of and do it quickly as well.  Now the bad news is there is already someone that "members" want to be the next coach.  Again I'm not saying good or bad but I think they want him for the wrong reasons.  Plus lots of controversy to ensue if he were to get it... 

Yes the field does need a face lift. It is one of the last natural grass fields, the only grass playing surface servicing a school football team in this county mind you. The dry season really took a number on it. Many different fire departments helped to water the field. Also a lot of other games from middle school and little league. Facilities have been updated and are nice. Now it's time for the field. You think we are bad about running a coach off consistently, ask me or anyone in Tazewell about the guy that wanted to give us a new FieldTurf surface. All he asked was to have it named after him and we balked and ran him off. Just like what happened with the Presidency, we need a clean sweep of top power. I nominate myself to take over and would be glad to head that department.

The other fact missing from this is that they were going to consider the field turf however the issue arose that in x amount of years when it needs to be returfed, who was going to pay for it then?  So instead they reseeded it and overall it normally is a nice field.  Weather was not kind to it this year though.

There is a lot more to it than what meets the eye. Talk with some of the people on the inside and learn the truth about what's going on. I'm not attacking him or defending him but truth is still truth no matter how ugly it can be.

With that said the middle school coach does need to be the one that gets the job. He fits the description of a Tony Palmer and would be an excellent fit to build off of and do it quickly as well. Now the bad news is there is already someone that "members" want to be the next coach. Again I'm not saying good or bad but I think they want him for the wrong reasons. Plus lots of controversy to ensue if he were to get it...

Can you elaborate a little more? The "members" thing and the controversy to ensue. I'm pretty interested in hearing.

Can you elaborate a little more? The "members" thing and the controversy to ensue. I'm pretty interested in hearing.

I was told that school board members want Dudley to be the next head coach.  Probably because of his status/position would be my guess.  I'm not going to defend or attack him as there are multiple facets to every story.  But I know of one event in his history and was actually informed of something else today that I have yet to have time to research.  I'll point out facts but I'm not going to speculate on things I don't know for fact about a topic like this.  I can say that I know for a fact the majority of people I know wouldn't be happy with him as the head coach.

I was told that school board members want Dudley to be the next head coach. Probably because of his status/position would be my guess. I'm not going to defend or attack him as there are multiple facets to every story. But I know of one event in his history and was actually informed of something else today that I have yet to have time to research. I'll point out facts but I'm not going to speculate on things I don't know for fact about a topic like this. I can say that I know for a fact the majority of people I know wouldn't be happy with him as the head coach.

As a former player and coach, I'm interested in the facts.