Tazewell Football

Gunz9

How would Coach Turner do at a Tazewell,  he was the Head Coach at Pulaski ( won) , he took over a 0-40 Auburn team, 3 straight winning seasons and playoff wins, took this year off to watch daughters cheer at Pulaski. Heard he was looking for a opportunity according to his brother. Runs a great off season lifting program, old school coach.

How would Coach Turner do at a Tazewell,  he was the Head Coach at Pulaski ( won) , he took over a 0-40 Auburn team, 3 straight winning seasons and playoff wins, took this year off to watch daughters cheer at Pulaski. Heard he was looking for a opportunity according to his brother. Runs a great off season lifting program, old school coach.

Sounds like Coach Turner may be a good guy that possibly knows a thing or two about football.  So I would say he probably wouldn't be a good fit.  They are trying to find someone that can make the parents, kids, town council, teachers, principal, and the local dog catcher happy on a yearly basis and win state championships starting with his first year. Some of the parents want the head coach at the MS now, some want a current assistant, and some want an assistant at Graham now.  Basically as someone stated earlier this is going to get really muddy.

If the current coach has stepped down, the carousel continues at Tazewell. Something

Is wrong somewhere. Constantly changing Head Coaches may be contributing to the problem.

Tazewell is a good community and has a good school system. If things don't change soon,

With all these coaching changes, but with the same results, the school will get a bad

Reputation among the coaching fraternity.

If Coach Jack Turner has applied for the job, Tazewell would be very lucky to get

A Coach of his quality and ability. He turned the football program around at Auburn.

Folks in Riner were very sad to see him leave. I am surprised to hear his name in

The mix.

Having lived in Tazewell for a short time, I wish the best for the school and community.

Turner good coach...got to Auburn when they had best run of athletes in long time.......Allen is also a good coach regardless of his record or perception, knows football...works hard off-season etc.   

I doubt he is even aware the job is open, I remember when he was at Pulaski we would scrimmage Tazewell, he always spoke highly about program and players. He has always seemed to me as a coach that needs to be coaching in SWVA that has the same tough minded players he wants.

dukey, no argument here about the current coach. I thought the job was open. My bad. Sometimes

A community will find out what the problem is if they do only one thing: Look in the Mirror!

Let the Coaching staff Coach, and stay the hxxx away from practice, and not hold court on them

After a loss. I would think there is so much pressure on the kids, all the fun of football

Has been taken away, and replaced by a lot of Saturday morning quarterbacking.

How would Coach Turner do at a Tazewell, he was the Head Coach at Pulaski ( won) , he took over a 0-40 Auburn team, 3 straight winning seasons and playoff wins, took this year off to watch daughters cheer at Pulaski. Heard he was looking for a opportunity according to his brother. Runs a great off season lifting program, old school coach.

Sorry, only coaches who can be controlled like puppets need apply.

The other fact missing from this is that they were going to consider the field turf however the issue arose that in x amount of years when it needs to be returfed, who was going to pay for it then?  So instead they reseeded it and overall it normally is a nice field.  Weather was not kind to it this year though.

Who was paying for the field turf?

Who was paying for the field turf?

Don't hold me to it but if I recall correctly it seems like it was going to be partially funded by Ramey and maybe the TJ Rasnick fund since they could use it for soccer as well...

Dang. Tazewell missed a chance to name their field "hawg pit's dawg pit."

Haha good one. I would have let him plaster his face at the 50 yard line and named the field whatever he wanted. Guess we will stick with the Unofficial name of Witten Field. Hey this is how we roll down here.

Just a rumor now. There is a former head coach that is interested. However, he wants to bring 2 of his former assistants with him. This guy is no puppet nor are the 2 assistants. All are tough, no nonsense, and hate to lose.

Just a rumor now. There is a former head coach that is interested. However, he wants to bring 2 of his former assistants with him. This guy is no puppet nor are the 2 assistants. All are tough, no nonsense, and hate to lose.

Former head coach at Tazewell? Or just head coach of another team? Either way, we could benefit.

Former head coach at Tazewell? Or just head coach of another team? Either way, we could benefit.

Not a former coach at Tazewell. Coached at another school. Very successful.

Like I said earlier, just a rumor, but he is interested. If he decides to apply and was to get it, would be a big surprise for several. Especially for his former school. It would blow their minds.

I really hope it's not the Middle School Coach. He has done a great job with those young kids and that needs to continue. The football program needs to be started at the youth and middle school level and we need good coaches there as well.

Also, if he was to get the high school position, the expectations would be really high for him. Everyone would want him to duplicate the success he had with the Middle School team and if he had a couple of 2-8 seasons they would be ready to get rid of him. Sad situation in Tazewell right now. Harris is a good guy and I would hate to see him get ran off like most of the other coaches have been.