Cal Preps Predictions Round 4

02GW12

Have you seen riverheads play this year?

Not live, I can't make the drives I used to. I've seen enough film and enough statistical performance against quality competition. Their only blemish was a 3-point loss to a 2A semifinalist, and they've rolled against respectable competition. Shut out a good Essex team in Game 1, and scored 55 last round. Galax has some internal issues that crop up at inconvenient times.

Essex was 5-5 so I don't know how good they were

And ive seen riverheads twice in the last few years and I honestly don't know how they get this far just about every year....they are the most boring team I've ever watched....but they must have a good coaching staff and/or weak schedule because they are usually playing in semis just about every year

And galax issues whatever they are I would trust Dixon to fix them..May be the best coach around

And ice seen riverheafs twice in the last few years and I honestly don't know how they get this far just about every year....they are the most boring team I've ever watched....but they must have a good coaching staff and/it weak schedule because they are usually playing in semis just about every year

And galax issues whatever they are I would trust Dixon to fix them..May be the best coach around

Riverheads historically reminds me a little of UVA basketball. Extremely well-coached, will not beat itself, methodical to a point where it's fair to consider it "boring". But it's easy to fall into a trap where you're just humming along, and you look up and see that they're ahead by 21. I love teams like that.

And Galax has been like that under Dixon, with the exception of some highlight reel runs under the Peoples brothers and Harris. The coaching in that matchup will be exceptional all the way around. I just think that Riverheads has the more complete unit this season, and that's taking nothing away from Galax, who has earned the #1 seed in the West for a reason, even with an 8-2 mark.

And ive seen riverheads twice in the last few years and I honestly don't know how they get this far just about every year....they are the most boring team I've ever watched....but they must have a good coaching staff and/or weak schedule because they are usually playing in semis just about every year

It's difficult for a coach, any coach, to "fix" issues enabled by the administration the coach answers to.

Seems an appropriate time to revisit.

I was just looking for this to give props. I thought RH would win convincingly but not quite like this. Good call.

Galax is still very young. I believe 11 sophomores and freshmen starting or playing key minutes today. With the group coming up from the middle school, this could be a great motivator for a hell of a run.

That is, as long as ego and administration doesn't destroy it first.