Richlands vs Stuarts Draft

thundercloud

They already have a four star taking the quarterback position next year heard he was from California think same school as jimmy clausen then mance is going to Texas to get some wideouts and up to Ohio to get some linemen his recruiting is on the same level as tom Herman and urban Meyer. Overheard he was spotted in the big stone gap area early today talking to a local tight end. Just joking blues fans.

I wish I could show a quote when responding to a poster, but for some reason I'm not able to.

EH31, my buddy, take this response with the grace in which it is given.  You posted above that it was ironic that some were talking about the Richlands coaches not allowing taunting.   I still stand by my statement, Coach Mance would not tolerate that.  He called Howie over after the first one and talked with him. The Graham fans brought up the topic first about the pregame ritual of taunting, by their team.  The Graham  coaches had to be aware of it going on before every game.  That is entirely different than happening during a game;  wrong yes, consequences yes, but to compare the two is totally wrong.  I appreciate your loyalty to your team, its commendable, but to throw darts when not necessary is wrong. 

I will add this quote from a message my pastor preached in 2012 which I wrote down and carry in my Bible.  A golden nugget that has so much meaning to it.

"I would rather deal with it with the mercy of a father, than the justice of a judge." 

Not trying to start anything... but it was the Richlands team that came to the Graham sideline and did their thing before the Graham game...(I know, I was standing at the fence when they came over and got in their huddle and did their chant)....and nobody said a thing... Graham at least stayed on their own sideline.  I don't see what the big deal is about the pre-game stuff.. just taking a defensive standpoint.  Most schools do something of the sorts, it usually takes us folks on this end of the state about 25 years or so to catch up with the times.

And I believe that as a coach that you cannot control everything that a young man does on the field, it happens, it's high school sports, it gets emotional and you can't fault the kids or the coaches for things that happen occasionally.  If it happens constantly, then maybe you have a complaint

I have the utmost respect for Graham and Richlands kids, coaches, etc...  Having seen other teams in other parts of the state and how they behave, we all should thank your lucky stars that we have the kind of kids that we do around here.

I wish I could show a quote when responding to a poster, but for some reason I'm not able to.

EH31, my buddy, take this response with the grace in which it is given. You posted above that it was ironic that some were talking about the Richlands coaches not allowing taunting. I still stand by my statement, Coach Mance would not tolerate that. He called Howie over after the first one and talked with him. The Graham fans brought up the topic first about the pregame ritual of taunting, by their team. The Graham coaches had to be aware of it going on before every game. That is entirely different than happening during a game; wrong yes, consequences yes, but to compare the two is totally wrong. I appreciate your loyalty to your team, its commendable, but to throw darts when not necessary is wrong.

I will add this quote from a message my pastor preached in 2012 which I wrote down and carry in my Bible. A golden nugget that has so much meaning to it.

"I would rather deal with it with the mercy of a father, than the justice of a judge."

I didn't say what I said to be a shot at Mance and staff. I'm sure he was upset after the first penalty and let Howie know about it.

I guess they way I took the pregame comments from last week was that the narrative was seen that Graham was allowed to be the "taunting" team while Richlands players wouldn't do it because it wasn't allowed. I seen what Howie did on the first TD & that was The irony I was speaking of.

Not trying to start anything... but it was the Richlands team that came to the Graham sideline and did their thing before the Graham game...(I know, I was standing at the fence when they came over and got in their huddle and did their chant)....and nobody said a thing... Graham at least stayed on their own sideline.  I don't see what the big deal is about the pre-game stuff.. just taking a defensive standpoint.  Most schools do something of the sorts, it usually takes us folks on this end of the state about 25 years or so to catch up with the times.

That wasn't on purpose. The last thing Richlands does in warmups is the punter will put the ball to the return man, and the team will run down to him and huddle around wherever he catches the ball at. That was a product of a shanked punt that just happened to go to the right side instead of the left. Yesterday, he hit a good punt and it was on the Richlands hash. That's not an intentional thing, it just happens where the freshman punter puts the ball. 

EH31, my buddy, take this response with the grace in which it is given. You posted above that it was ironic that some were talking about the Richlands coaches not allowing taunting. I still stand by my statement, Coach Mance would not tolerate that. He called Howie over after the first one and talked with him. The Graham fans brought up the topic first about the pregame ritual of taunting, by their team. The Graham coaches had to be aware of it going on before every game. That is entirely different than happening during a game; wrong yes, consequences yes, but to compare the two is totally wrong. I appreciate your loyalty to your team, its commendable, but to throw darts when not necessary is wrong.

I will add this quote from a message my pastor preached in 2012 which I wrote down and carry in my Bible. A golden nugget that has so much meaning to it.

Trust me, they do. Richlands is well renowned by everyone not from Doran to be pretty prolific smack talkers in their own right. They sure aren't the choirboys that this board seems to portray.

Trust me, they do. Richlands is well renowned by everyone not from Doran to be pretty prolific smack talkers in their own right. They sure aren't the choirboys that this board seems to portray.

Not that there's anything wrong with it per se. When you have won more in this millennium than anyone in SWVA, you've earned the right to have some swagger. But let's be honest about it.

EH31, my buddy, take this response with the grace in which it is given.  You posted above that it was ironic that some were talking about the Richlands coaches not allowing taunting.   I still stand by my statement, Coach Mance would not tolerate that.  He called Howie over after the first one and talked with him. The Graham fans brought up the topic first about the pregame ritual of taunting, by their team.  The Graham  coaches had to be aware of it going on before every game.  That is entirely different than happening during a game;  wrong yes, consequences yes, but to compare the two is totally wrong.  I appreciate your loyalty to your team, its commendable, but to throw darts when not necessary is wrong. 

I will add this quote from a message my pastor preached in 2012 which I wrote down and carry in my Bible.  A golden nugget that has so much meaning to it.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to you on this one tbgfan.  He did talk with him after the first one and I am hoping you are right.  I will ask you this, if Mance does not tolerate this foolishness, what happens next?  I'm not picking, I am being straight.  Should he affirm the suspension and let the young man learn from his mistakes or does he fight for his player and try to appeal the suspension?  What happens if he plays in the game and costs his team again, this time a possible state championship.  What happens if he plays and helps the team win?  Has this young man learned his lesson?  What happens to him if he doesn't and goes through life as reckless as he acted yesterday?

I didn't agree with the pre-game stomp and the "come get some" chant from the Graham players.  In reality, when Richlands got'em some, Graham appeared to give up hope and was taken to the woodshed. In comparing the two, in my opinion, the chant and stomp didn't hurt their team.  I don't think it helped, probably ignited a fire across the field.  These selfish, foolish penalties was a direct detriment to the Richlands team.  After the ejection, there was way too much drama happening on the sideline and it felt to me that Richlands was behind 30 points not 7.  There were some young men that stepped up that were fully vested and led the team to a victory, alongside the ballsiest and one of the best calls I have witnessed (yes, I am giving Mance props, he deserves it)  Just my two cents.

That wasn't on purpose. The last thing Richlands does in warmups is the punter will put the ball to the return man, and the team will run down to him and huddle around wherever he catches the ball at. That was a product of a shanked punt that just happened to go to the right side instead of the left. Yesterday, he hit a good punt and it was on the Richlands hash. That's not an intentional thing, it just happens where the freshman punter puts the ball. 

It wouldn't bother me if it was intentional...  I have seen players spit on other players, stick their middle fingers up at the crowd as they run out on the field....make inappropriate gestures to the other team and fans....  What these kids do around here is nothing but a little gamesmanship to get them fired up.  

I've seen high school cheerleaders at a basketball game do a lot more taunting.

Guess this is as good a time as any to offer two confessions:

1. I spent the first five years of my life as a resident of Doran Bottom; and

2. I was a willing participant in the verbal/psychological aspect of more than one sport myself back in the day.

Apparently still nothing new under the sun.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to you on this one tbgfan.  He did talk with him after the first one and I am hoping you are right.  I will ask you this, if Mance does not tolerate this foolishness, what happens next?  I'm not picking, I am being straight.  Should he affirm the suspension and let the young man learn from his mistakes or does he fight for his player and try to appeal the suspension?  What happens if he plays in the game and costs his team again, this time a possible state championship.  What happens if he plays and helps the team win?  Has this young man learned his lesson?  What happens to him if he doesn't and goes through life as reckless as he acted yesterday?

I didn't agree with the pre-game stomp and the "come get some" chant from the Graham players.  In reality, when Richlands got'em some, Graham appeared to give up hope and was taken to the woodshed. In comparing the two, in my opinion, the chant and stomp didn't hurt their team.  I don't think it helped, probably ignited a fire across the field.  These selfish, foolish penalties was a direct detriment to the Richlands team.  After the ejection, there was way too much drama happening on the sideline and it felt to me that Richlands was behind 30 points not 7.  There were some young men that stepped up that were fully vested and led the team to a victory, alongside the ballsiest and one of the best calls I have witnessed (yes, I am giving Mance props, he deserves it)  Just my two cents.

Don't know if you've read any of the articles written this week about the team...but the Richlands players refer to each other as 'brothers'.

This is not about the fans, the bleacher coaches or the naysayers. I would say with most certainty, ALL, the other Blues players (brothers) would want their HC to appeal the ejection. (Whether, it's overturned is another story).

Gee, when a kid in a family does something stupid or dumb there are usually consequences, however, I don't think a parent or guardian would say pack your bags, you're not a part of this family anymore and you're on your own.  First of all, other members of the family would be devastated one of their brothers was being abandoned.

Everything is NOT about sports in life...hopefully, this will be a teaching moment and maturing experience for the young man.  To 'kick someone to the curb' because they displayed a lack of maturity on a football field ( if the ejection is upheld, so be it) is just not acceptable.

BTW, I'm sure Coach Mance appreciates the props and two cents for the call... he seemingly hasn't done much too garner your approval in previous posts.  

Don't know if you've read any of the articles written this week about the team...but the Richlands players refer to each other as 'brothers'.

This is not about the fans, the bleacher coaches or the naysayers. I would say with most certainty, ALL, the other Blues players (brothers) would want their HC to appeal the ejection. (Whether, it's overturned is another story).

Gee, when a kid in a family does something stupid or dumb there are usually consequences, however, I don't think a parent or guardian would say pack your bags, you're not a part of this family anymore and you're on your own.  First of all, other members of the family would be devastated one of their brothers was being abandoned.

Everything is NOT about sports in life...hopefully, this will be a teaching moment and maturing experience for the young man.  To 'kick someone to the curb' because they displayed a lack of maturity on a football field ( if the ejection is upheld, so be it) is just not acceptable.

BTW, I'm sure Coach Mance appreciates the props and two cents for the call... he seemingly hasn't done much too garner your approval in previous posts.  

Well I'm glad that you don't have the red @55 over anything that I have posted before.  I don't care if he or you appreciate anything, in his job you should have thick skin.  I post what is on my mind, I am not trying to win a popularity contest.  You being a bit over-dramatic and it shows.  At some point, even high school students need to be held accountable for their actions.  If not, they never get to the "teaching moment and maturing experience" as you put it.  I don't find it acceptable that one individual would put himself over his team.  The whole point of my initial post was at what point should he be held accountable. 

BTW trueblue, I did read many of the articles.  The difference is that I don't have to read their names in the paper.  I was teaching most of those kids how to get in a stance before you even knew who there were.  And I didn't see those kids getting taunting penalties.