GW vs Sussex

02GW12

I agree sos plays a much bigger part than most will admit. People gave me hell to begin the season for saying would matter now and it's proven true. And GW should pull away mid 3rd Q.

Coaching is very important no doubt but the coaches aren't the ones on the field. Without talent you won't win regardless of how good the coaching is. But talent will win games just off of being better athlete's than there opponents.

I can see where that would be a little off. But I think it was meant as they won't be caught off guard in terms of making adjustments. I've been watching film on Sussex all day and man they have ZERO good line play. Altavistas QB had all day to throw it. And when Sussex was on O Altavista was in the backfield almost every play. I thought with the way people talked about AV they would be big but nope they are tiny. Idk we will see tomorrow at 1:30 but GW holds all of the advantages of intangibles except speed and speed is dead even.

Yeah I think most are seeing that GW played 8 playoff teams and Sussex played 5 all of which lasted 1 round. Sussex will not be the best team GW has seem but GW will be 4 tds better than anyone sussex has seen. Yes including Altavista but come back with that 40-20 prediction tomorrow about 4:30 and we'll see.

I didn't say Sussex schedule was strong, Just GW schedule is weak.  You get 5 wins every year just for having a team. Holston, PH, Northwood, Rural Retreat and Chilhowie.  You never play good teams within an hr or so such as Giles, Graham, Bluefield, James Monroe, Glenvar, etc. The only traditionally strong team you play is Radford. GW has had some pretty good teams but the schedule is cupcake city.

Good luck GW,  will be keeping up with your game and hope to see you make it to Salem next week !

GW by a couple of scores..........doesn't matter which type of scores as long as they are up when the clock reaches all ooo !

I didn't say Sussex schedule was strong, Just GW schedule is weak.  You get 5 wins every year just for having a team. Holston, PH, Northwood, Rural Retreat and Chilhowie.  You never play good teams within an hr or so such as Giles, Graham, Bluefield, James Monroe, Glenvar, etc. The only traditionally strong team you play is Radford. GW has had some pretty good teams but the schedule is cupcake city.[/quote?

PH and RR are weak??

I didn't say Sussex schedule was strong, Just GW schedule is weak.  You get 5 wins every year just for having a team. Holston, PH, Northwood, Rural Retreat and Chilhowie.  You never play good teams within an hr or so such as Giles, Graham, Bluefield, James Monroe, Glenvar, etc. The only traditionally strong team you play is Radford. GW has had some pretty good teams but the schedule is cupcake city.

I don't like GW, I do pull for them in the playoffs, but calling their schedule weak? Outside of Northwood and Holston everyone else they played is pretty decent or traditionally strong.  They won against 7 of 8 playoff teams.

Want to give GW a thumbs up on a good season. I used to hate them more than I do now. Ha  They've hired some fellow Rebels up there and seem to be doing a good job.  Coach B is missed down here.  Looks like he had that defense playing.  Was hoping to see a school from the West win it besides Galax.