2016 Semis updates - 12/3

VHSLhelper

Sure called that Blacksburg game, didn't you?

It's funny how piss poor your attitude towards Richlands has been after last week but hey man, what ever gets your rocks off.

And I nailed the Galax result. And GW. So do forgive me, Mare.

And if you pay really close attention, notice how I said diddly on Richlands/SD except that Richlands is playing for 2nd. Which they were and are. This week's game was a coinflip, which I thought favored Richlands. I can link you TheSabre post if you really want it. Next week's game is more like loaded dice...the result is predetermined. It would take Appo's very worst game and Richlsnds's very best for the outcome to even be in doubt in the 4th. And without Howie...even moreso.

I don't hate Richlands, but I'm not going to fawn over them when objectivity doesn't warrant it.

FINAL: Staunton River beats Hopewell 62-36. Will play Blacksburg next week in 3A state final at William & Mary at noon #1stand10

It's the (re)match everyone wants to see: Richlands vs Appomattox in 2A title game #LNApreps

great state

OK, now that my feet are back to earth and my heart has stopped fluttering, I want to say what a game by the Stuarts Draft Cougars.  I know they are devastated to lose a game in the last 8 seconds.  Hats off to them, they made great adjustments at the half and it showed with 4 turnovers by the Blues.  If I could,  I would give them all a bear hug, but since I can't, I send a big shoutout to thank you for an awesome game today.  THANK YOU!!!!

"  OK, now that my feet are back to earth and my heart has stopped fluttering, I want to say what a game by the Stuarts Draft Cougars.  I know they are devastated to lose a game in the last 8 seconds.  Hats off to them, they made great adjustments at the half and it showed with 4 turnovers by the Blues.  If I could,  I would give them all a bear hug, but since I can't, I send a big shoutout to thank you for an awesome game today.  THANK YOU!!!!  "

This^^^^^^^^^  wanted to say something very similar !  outta likes also or would have liked your post.

But VERY proud of the Blues !

I know Howie was ejected but was it late hits or extra curricular activity that got him the flags?

the first one was for taunting and other one was a late hit which wasnt real real late but was a lil late...i was told they was gonna appeal it not sure if it will help..but hopefully.

Credit where it is due, the 2 point conversation call took some nuts.  Hats off to Mance on that,awesome call and yes...brilliant.  That call and play will be talked about for years.  I felt Richlands came out and played well and was prepared.  The coaching staff at Draft made some great defensive adjustments at halftime...............It was almost enough.

This week puts Richlands in unfamiliar territory as an underdog.  No pressure on the Blues this week, all on Appomattox.  Teams that make it to the State Finals are not "easy outs."  However, I do hope Appomattox sees the Blues as one.  Great win for Mance and the Blues.  Will be in Salem in full support.

BTW, congrats Thad Wells and Blacksburg, give'em hell next week!!!!!!!!!!

Question now is....does Mance have one more trick up his sleeve? I know everyone is going to say they don't have a chance, but I think if they can keep it a fumble free/turnover free game it will be interesting to see what happens. Richlands has to be a scary "underdog" for any team to face.