2016 Semis updates - 12/3

VHSLhelper

Not saying they have a great chance to beat them but with their offense and ability to score and score quick IMO they have a shot...probably have to win a shootout but none the less a shot.....my opinion only

They've given up 21 once, and all other scores have been 14 or fewer. And they have faced some exceptional offenses. I think Richlands would have to score in the 40s to win, and that's just not happening.

Appomattox fans say that "no running team will beat them."

Since Richlands doesnt try to run the ball then in theory that gives them a chance, right?

The chink in their armor is their pass defense. They know it (there are fans over there who know but won't say it out loud). It may be > 5%, but there's a chance. 

Maybe not but they are capable of scoring 40 so that's why I think they have a small shot...if they have any turnovers the shot goes way down

There will be turnovers especially if theyre gonna throw it up 50 times. Appo is just too fast and athletic on D . If they can just holdthem from capitalizing on those turnovers will be the key for turnovers. Richlands will also need a couple.

One last thought, I don't know how many games on all different levels I've seen over the years where one team "didn't have a chance" and won the game...it happens. Just this past year, Cubs down 3-1 and took the World Series, Cavs down 3-1 and took the NBA Championship...Ronda Rousey is all but retired now after being "unbeatable"....Phoebus just went down in flames...Mike Tyson got knocked out by Buster Douglas once upon a time....The heavily favored(-14)  Rams "Greatest Show On Turff" lost Super Bowl 36 to the Patriots...all I'm saying is, it happens.

I would do a lot of things to get a copy of the audio from the final drive.

It was insane in the stands.

Ron plans to do some kind of highlight/preview show Thursday night at either 8 or 9, following the big town event/remote.

Ron plans to do some kind of highlight/preview show Thursday night at either 8 or 9, following the big town event/remote.

I'm trying to send you a PM but it won't let me. Is your box full??

Richlands will probably have to out score Appomattox to win. If they match Appo score for score then they have a shot.

Right now, I really don't see Richlands winning. I hope I am wrong.

All the years I've been watching sports, you always have to outscore to win!!!