Richlands vs. Appomattox; 2A State Championship Game

V-Cats

Appomattox, back to back Champions. Richlands focus is on #11 instead of what it should be on. The excuses will roll Saturday evening. Sorry Richlands.

Raiders 34

Blues 14

The fans focus is on Howie. The boys have said they will play for him and win for him. They are focused. Doesn't mean a hill of beans what a bunch of dudes on a message board are talking about. Mance will have them ready.

Be hard to have all 6 at same place over 2 days....what you gonna do play on Friday at noon while people are at work and some kids in school?

Plus about all 5A and 6A teams are in 757 or northern Virginia...better for them in Williamsburg or richmond

Be hard to have all 6 at same place over 2 days....what you gonna do play on Friday at noon while people are at work and some kids in school?

Plus about all 5A and 6A teams are in 757 or northern Virginia...better for them in Williamsburg or richmond

Kentucky played theirs on Saturday and Sunday.  

And you wouldn't believe how many tweets I see on my timeline of people in SWVA who want to see teams like Oscar Smith, Ocean Lakes, Staunton River and more play... but they're not going to go to Williamsburg on the same day that they can go to Salem to watch the 1A and 2A finals.

I did not mean to hijack this thread. I posted about wanting to see all games at one site before seeing the thread (serious question) which is a discussion started all about having the games at one site. As for Richlands and Appomattox, I will be listening in as I may be fishing Saturday. Good luck Richlands!

Appomattox, back to back Champions. Richlands focus is on #11 instead of what it should be on. The excuses will roll Saturday evening. Sorry Richlands.

Raiders 34

Blues 14

I'll probably get laughed at for saying this, but, offensively I think Richlands is better without Howie.  Too much pressure to get him the ball this season.  Ball is the best receiver in 2A and Collins has been underused.    If Richlands can minimize penalties and turnovers, well.................how do you like your crow prepared?

Ok, I have to ask how are you going to listen to the game on Cherokee. Have you got a stream setup on your boat.

I like to chase them crappie down there.

Tune in app on phone. Not sure if I will go to Cherokee or Fort Loudon. I like chasing the crappie once in awhile myself. Nothing like chasing 30+ pound blues though.

Everybody needs to start focusing on what Appox is doing for this state championship game and let what's happen to Cody go! He's a great player that made a mistake and I'm sure the kid is regretting it every min watching his team mates get ready for battle against the so call best team in 2A! Just let this be a learning thing for the blues in the future on how to control your emotions but if you never played the game before you don't have a clue of what all goes on that field doing a game so let's back off and cheer for Richlands cause we are doing everything Appox is hopeing we would do by downing our player and throwing out who's better than this one! They are all brothers at heart and you people need to understand that if one goes down the next up is ready to fill that spot!! I'm so proud of this team hope all works out for u guys at state!! Best of Luck Blues

Talking about painting the town blue.......I will tell on myself.

When Richlands made it to state back in 06, I used some of the window paint and put "Honk for the Blues" on the box on top of my car that my wheelchair goes up into.  Needless to say, the paint wasn't intended for fiberglass LOL.  So when I got back to town and had washed my car, you could still see  "Honk for the Blues" on there and people were honking at me!!!  Lesson learned!!!!!

I think Appomattox has just to much of everything. They may not lose next year either! Appo 42-21. I will apologize first thing Tuesday morning if I am wrong, and I hope I am.

My advice, do NOT throw anywhere near Graves. Their secondary is scary good. Union had some success early with the power run, but Richland's doesn't do that very well.

Richlands should be more equipped to deal with the Appo O, Union was missing best defender in the conference and the lack of speed at LB outside of James really hurt Union. Appo isn't very complex just very good at what they do.

My advice, do NOT throw anywhere near Graves. Their secondary is scary good. Union had some success early with the power run, but Richland's doesn't do that very well.

Richlands should be more equipped to deal with the Appo O, Union was missing best defender in the conference and the lack of speed at LB outside of James really hurt Union. Appo isn't very complex just very good at what they do.

I feel like Jeb is the only person on Union's roster that could start for appomattox, James Mitchell would be pushing it

I feel like Jeb is the only person on Union's roster that could start for appomattox, James Mitchell would be pushing it

James would start, there's no doubt about it. Turner isn't the most creative offensive mind, and Smith at Appo could do dynamic things with Mitchell. Appo was able to tak him away by using a constant double BC they could stop everyone else, you couldn't donthat if he was at Appo wit those athletes and his stats would be absurd.

Mitchell has soft hands, excellent ball skills, great speed, doesn't shy away from contact and is very strong. He'd start for any team from 1A-3A at least.