Best Player you ever watched from SWVA. Championship or not!!

mv91

There has been a lot of talent come through SWVA over the years.   A player that jumps out to me was Jeremy McCommons for Richlands.  He was a beast at RB and LB.  He had some good battles with Thomas Jones in the mid 90's.

I loved watching Caleb Jennings.  He was just so quick.  I think I enjoyed watching Justin McCracken running the ball as much as passing.  he wasn't very fast but he wasn't afraid of contact.

Ahmad Bradshaw was fun to watch.  As a Blue Tornado fan, I always hated to see Bradshaw get the ball.  He was capable of taking it to the house at any time!!!

From Grundy: Luke Owens, David Scamell, Cary Perkins, both Marcum Brothers, Luke Dales, Albert Childress, Junior Coleman were all exceptional players.

Other schools in the area: Ahmad Bradshaw, Devon Johnson, JLA, Viq Hall, Paco Jones, Q. Reed, Mike Compton, and lots more I can't remember off the top of my head lol.

Best all around, I'd probably have to go with Bradshaw because he was just fun to watch on all sides of the ball....he was a top RB but he loved to hit as a DB and I saw him level a lot of people, the hit on the kid from Martinsville in the playoffs is still one of the best defensive plays I've ever seen...plus he was a threat on special teams...pretty much able to change the game any time he was on the field.

My favorite would have to be Caleb Jennings from Richlands. Just loved watching him play.

I've always wondered what he would have done at a higher level in college considering what he did accomplish at Emory.

Ahmad Bradshaw,  could just completely take over a game !, Heath Miller, Mike Compton, The Jones brothers from Powell Valley, Austin fuller, Devon johnson, and one that is not mentioned much from Richlands is Jeremy McCommons.  Great RB and even better LB !  Caleb Jennings,Justin McCracken, and Brandon Breeding,Shane Wicks, and Travis Payne......he could lay a lick on you also !

There were a couple more from Graham,  but please forgive me I can't remember their names.  Jake Houseright,  and Cary perkins was special with the way he played with the hearing impairment !

Jeremy McCommons was one of the most underrated players to play at Richlands. Solid both sides of the ball on some decent teams in the mid-90s.

Trust me Jeremy got his due.  The most underrated player on those great teams (decent?, c'mon man!) was Jason Lester.  Probably the best fullback to play at Richlands.  He had 100 plus yards when we put the beat down on Thomas Jones and the PV Vikings back in '94.  Most yards came of of inside traps.

Trust me Jeremy got his due.  The most underrated player on those great teams (decent?, c'mon man!) was Jason Lester.  Probably the best fullback to play at Richlands.  He had 100 plus yards when we put the beat down on Thomas Jones and the PV Vikings back in '94.  Most yards came of of inside traps.

One of the first games I remember seeing as a kid. Bullett Park was nuts that night. 

It's sad some Richlands fans only know football after 2005.

Travis Turner also. Would love to have seen him in the spread. Also was underated on defense. Also Don Dorton from Powell valley was top 5 linebacker this area has ever seen, he played with Julius Jones so never got noticed, also opened some holes for Jones at FB.

My top five: Thomas Jones, Jake Houseright, Ahmad Bradshaw, Chad Beasley, Travis Turner. This is such a disservice to all the quality players we have seen through the years. We should start a Message Board Hall of  Fame, Nominate 10 or so players a year and let everyone vote and present evidence on why they are HOF worthy and vote put three of four a year in. That would be kind of fun, threads like this are awesome let's have it mean something. 

My top five: Thomas Jones, Jake Houseright, Ahmad Bradshaw, Chad Beasley, Travis Turner. This is such a disservice to all the quality players we have seen through the years. We should start a Message Board Hall of Fame, Nominate 10 or so players a year and let everyone vote and present evidence on why they are HOF worthy and vote put three of four a year in. That would be kind of fun, threads like this are awesome let's have it mean something.

This ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas was the best I've seen, and its not really close. Any other SWVA player been invited to Heisman ceremony, was a top 6 draft pick, and have over 10,000 career rushing yards in NFL?

JJ was a beast, and he was a heat seeking missle on defense. Ask the poor WR from CW he bout killed.

Then its Jake Houseright, Boo Sensebaugh, Vic Hall, Justin Hamilton, the Travis' (Clark/Turner), couple more. Never saw Bradshaw or Heath Miller.