Best Player you ever watched from SWVA. Championship or not!!

mv91

I'll put it this way-if you saw Thomas is HS and say any other player was better, you're either lying or being unabashedly biased

Not so fast. My father-in-law has watched Thomas play and he has also watched Edd Clark play. He says the Jones'uncle Edd was the better running back. We mustn't forget, they played football before some of us were born OK. It's an opinion actually because some of those old timers never had the opportunity to play at the next level. I will say that Thomas was the best high school RB I've ever watched but Calvin Talford is the best high school athlete I've ever watched.

Not so fast. My father-in-law has watched Thomas play and he has also watched Edd Clark play. He says the Jones'uncle Edd was the better running back. We mustn't forget, they played football before some of us were born OK. It's an opinion actually because some of those old timers never had the opportunity to play at the next level. I will say that Thomas was the best high school RB I've ever watched but Calvin Talford is the best high school athlete I've ever watched.

Can't argue against Edd Clark, but how many of us are old enough to remember him?

I played against Thomas Jones, the only player that I have watched that I think is better  is Anthony Poindexter from Jefferson Forrest, went to UVA and was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens.  I guess he is not from SWVA though, has to be Jones if only counting SWVA.

I played against Thomas Jones, the only player that I have watched that I think is better  is Anthony Poindexter from Jefferson Forrest, went to UVA and was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens.  I guess he is not from SWVA though, has to be Jones if only counting SWVA.

All opinions so no real right or wrong, but TJ had a better pro career, drafted 7th, was 8th in Heisman voting, made a Pro Bowl, and is top 25 all time NFL rush yards. Both were consensus All American at UVA, Poindexter in 98 and TJ in 99. TJ also held single season and career rush yards record, breaking Tiki Barbers. He was a beast at UVA.

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a lot of talent come through SWVA over the years.   A player that jumps out to me was Jeremy McCommons for Richlands.  He was a beast at RB and LB.  He had some good battles with Thomas Jones in the mid 90's.

My dad named me Jeremy (though I go by my middle name) after McCommons