GHSA Football Championships

87Tiger

Yeah, and the 1A Privates just went into OT with ELCA kicking a 34 yd. FG with 10 sec. left on clock. 

Will probably delay the  3A Greater ATL Christian (private) and Cedar Grove (public) game start time of 1 p.m.

Following is the storyline on the GAC/Cedar Grove game coming up next.  I was shocked to see all of the Cedar Grove D1 commits last night in this AJC article.

I knew CG 'cow stomped' their opponent last week in the semi final 55-0 and now I know why with the players they put on the field.

http://highschoolsports.blog.ajc.com/2016/12/08/gac-cedar-grove-feature-two-of-the-best-quarterbacks-in-the-nation/

A blatant CHEAP SHOT...as the announcer said he would have been ejected in college...yet a flag wasn't thrown.  Announcer said he just "loaded up" and unloaded his forearm/elbow into his head...NO FLAG....OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Davis out of game...

An odd thing the GHSA does...though GAC was ranked #1 in AAA...they still had to travel for all their playoffs games.  Reason you ask...

well, if, Region X team is ranked #1 in their region and their next opponent, Region Y is also ranked #1 in their region ...then the GHSA flips a COIN...yes, a coin to determine who hosts.

Another targeting on the GAC onside kick...the Cedar Grove player went for the head, another violent hit...on the GAC kicker.  NO FLAG...where are the refs...I thought the best officials were suppose to be in these games.  Again, the announcer said another targeting by Cedar Grove to the head and NO FLAG. The video replay shows it clearly, as, it did in the previous targeting on Davis Mills with NO FLAG thrown. If the GHSA can't protect these players on the field with the rules in place for targeting...then what is the answer?  If, I were a parent of one of these players, I would be very upset.

FYI for the VA Tech Fans... Malik Willis...commit from Roswell  is now playing in the GHSA 7A State Championship against Grayson led by Jeff Herron, Gate City grad.  Click on link in first post by  87 Tiger.  There is no charge or fee to watch the link.