Quick Question

swvasportscommenter

Exactly like him...I don't get on here and say he is a giles person from the start...dad married giles girl...but that's two brothers compared to your how many?

Ive never seen anyone from Richlands claim a transfer as their own. They are more open about them than any other team ive seen. I wouldnt think thats the only transfers Giles has had but i get what youre saying.

Not really family ties in this situation...this is like "that's my cousin by marriage" type thing

Plus I know for a fact we don't go looking for players...some teams do and I know this for fact also but oh well what can you do

Still considered family using the Richlands Corollary...

Thanks to countless "recruits"...oh, excuse me, transfers with "family ties" to Richlands...

I would reference 2004-2008 as successful with homegrown talent citing semifinal and final appearances with one state championship. The Timmy Brown led teams and my senior season (1998) were also strong playoff teams, but not juggernaut by any means. That shows the vast improvement with homegrown talent. It's tough to win it all, as most teams will attest post 2000. In a previous thread, we discussed how teams in SWVA weren't winning as many state titles. Again, I am in agreement with UVAOBSERVER's post that we would still be solid, but the transfers help. I would be blind not to see it helps, as every program has benefitted at some point.

The Johnsons were the first to transfer here, and that started with Cody in I believe 2009. Those 04, 05, 06, and 07 teams (that all went to the state semis and the last 3 went to the finals) were strictly Richlands players. Funny how back then, before "recruiting" was the new hot-button topic here, you guys were all complaining because Ben Addison was an 8th grade holdback. It doesn't matter what is said or done, Richlands is winning and therefore hated. Graham was hated during their run. Bluefield was hated. Powell Valley was hated. If you are successful, regardless of who is on your team, you're gonna be hated. 

I try my best to be respectful on here. When you give respect, I give it right back. I've only had 2 or 3 spats on here; far less than the average. Yet, for all of that, I've had people on here Facebook me, text me, PM me, whatever medium you want to insert, to openly mock my team and the boys I love. I don't do that to any other school. In fact, I pull for every single school that this board covers in the playoffs. If you don't believe me, my twitter account will prove it. I led the charge last year for Union on twitter. I was the FIRST person to congratulate Marion on their volleyball championship last month. 

In all honesty, I'm getting tired of personal attacks simply because I'm a fan of a high school that I attended. I grew up here. I was a part of Friday nights here. I still am. Nothing is going to change that. But sometimes it gets old defending myself from personal attacks and ridicule because of a high school team. 

In response to NaderFan: Being a Spartan I will admit that the Biedelman brothers were brought to Giles in 2014 in hopes of winning a championship. I worked with their dad at Volvo. Yes they are good athletes but are not program changing athletes. But look at the Giles state team in 2013 or 2005 and see how many transfers helped us win state. I cannot think of any. Graham nor Richlands can argue with each other this season about transfers because they both had athletes, especially Graham that changed the program. Graham has other talent besides Cousin, but lets face it, he gave them the spark they needed. And Richlands offense centered around Howie, just look at the stats. All schools have transfers somewhere down the line, so we cant bash Richlands, Graham, Giles, Appo, or anyone else.

I'm afraid I will have to pass! The last opinion I shared on a Richlands topic, Cody Howie, an overly sensitive Richlands follower called my employer to complain.

Sensitive lot, those Richlands followers!

Good times!

I thought this was a Richlands board.

I've often wondered why there isn't much talk of dual qb situations, fumbles, botched special teams play, ejections, and other costly mistakes by all the transfers since 2009 that have cost Richlands dearly in key situations. Not to mention the injuries that have occurred to some of the players that have made the switch.

Well...so much for the love and want of all our SWVA Sports teams to succeed when the playoffs come.

I have stuck my neck out many times and defended Canes, G-man and many others through the years. Took my beatings and the HAMMER like a man and learned from it. I really enjoy the " verbal jousting" and banter that we all do. I don't understand these thoughts right after we get our butts kicked though. If that's what it takes to make everybody else happy...then just keep letting us have it.

I will continue to back your school's players and fans because I truly want all to be successfull. I do however want us to be 1 point better when we meet...lol. I especially backed the GMen here and on another board very vigorously this year. I think it's great what is happening there. I fully expect them to continue with their success and get even better.

I want to wish a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone on the board. I think this board is the best...period!!! Good luck to you and yours.

In response to NaderFan: Being a Spartan I will admit that the Biedelman brothers were brought to Giles in 2014 in hopes of winning a championship. I worked with their dad at Volvo. Yes they are good athletes but are not program changing athletes. But look at the Giles state team in 2013 or 2005 and see how many transfers helped us win state. I cannot think of any. Graham nor Richlands can argue with each other this season about transfers because they both had athletes, especially Graham that changed the program. Graham has other talent besides Cousin, but lets face it, he gave them the spark they needed. And Richlands offense centered around Howie, just look at the stats. All schools have transfers somewhere down the line, so we cant bash Richlands, Graham, Giles, Appo, or anyone else.

You have no clue

Brought in to win a title haha that's funny

I'd rather go 0-10 and play my heart out with my childhood friends in front of my family and hometown fans than transfer to a team that has a chance to win a title.

Guess you had better build a wall.

. Kids want to be winners and want to play at places that win, which gives these kids the best chances to play at the next level

Kids don't want to work to get better to beat Richlands, it's just easier to join them.

Also if you think that transferring to Richlands for your last year or 2 of school gives you an advantage of making it to the next level then you're lost.