Quick Question

swvasportscommenter

Wowwee... that's terrible.  I have said all year that Richlands was my favorite team to watch (even more so than Ridgeview).  But, the way their fans acted Saturday in Salem and this right here makes me lose a lot of respect for them.

I consider folks like Ryan and a couple other folks I talk to on Twitter from the 'lands to be friends, so not trying to piss anyone off... but that's just deplorable.

I'm afraid I will have to pass! The last opinion I shared on a Richlands topic, Cody Howie, an overly sensitive Richlands follower called my employer to complain.

Sensitive lot, those Richlands followers!

Good times!

Geez. I didn't know that people would take so much offense to opinions on that issue. I mean, it's not like it was the first time in his high school career that he had let down his teammates.

Wowwee... that's terrible.  I have said all year that Richlands was my favorite team to watch (even more so than Ridgeview).  But, the way their fans acted Saturday in Salem and this right here makes me lose a lot of respect for them.

I consider folks like Ryan and a couple other folks I talk to on Twitter from the 'lands to be friends, so not trying to piss anyone off... but that's just deplorable.

Ryan is great and the overwhelming majority of Richlands followers on here are as well.  I don't intend to cause any of them undue heartburn for the actions of one idiot.

I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to see if I could draw him out with my previous post.

I know Richlands had at least 5 O-Line transfers(recruits) this year. One was my cousin Andrew Dye. I know one boy came all they way from Elizabethton, Tn. I believe Booker came from Graham if I'm not mistaken. Who were the rest? My question is could Richlands actually compete without the best players from other schools? We'll say transferrs so won't make Richlands citizens mad. I would like to see what kind of talent that the boys that's raised and bred in Richlands have not kids from other schools. I work with a parent that had a kid on the team 2 yrs ago and this parent still volunteers his time to the team. I don't believe he lied to me but he said to make it legal usually one of the players befriends one of the players they want and brings him in shows them the weight room and the nice field and some reason maybe a coach may be in the facility and may say be nice to have you on the team cause we always contend for state and you'll get a lot of exposure to colleges. If the coach hisself approaches the kid it's illegal but if another kid does it's not. I dated the Johnson boy's aunt she told me all the things they were given to move from all the way from WV for them to play. There's probabaly a lot more schools that do this escpically in the communities with a lot of business owners, dr's and lawyers that have kids in the local school. I know 100% fact that one business owner I know personally was asked for money to put up money for the Johnson boys. It's not illegal until it's really looked into and caught.

5 O-lineman? Dont think so.

Just because a parent is from a certain place don't mean the kid is...especially when they play at a certain place for 2-3 years then just up and move to a certain place

Like Biedelman right?

One of your transfers.

Haha what Tazewell Co needs to do is just have all the coaches work together on team needs. If you have depth at a position that another team is lacking send them that way. Keep everyone happy.

Gretna, William Campbell and Altavista have been stacking rosters for years.  Salem has a rich history of recruiting Glenvar, Cave Spring, Hidden Valley and Northside.  In recent years, Galax has robbed Carroll, Grayson and Alleghany, NC blind.  When I lived in Roanoke, I witnessed Glenvar go get the better players from Eastern Montgomery and William Byrd get the talent from Staunton River.  

It's nothing new but fun to use to stir the pot a little.

Gretna, William Campbell and Altavista have been stacking rosters for years. Salem has a rich history of recruiting Glenvar, Cave Spring, Hidden Valley and Northside. In recent years, Galax has robbed Carroll, Grayson and Alleghany, NC blind. When I lived in Roanoke, I witnessed Glenvar go get the better players from Eastern Montgomery and William Byrd get the talent from Staunton River.

It's nothing new but fun to use to stir the pot a little.

Do the best with what you have and try to get more.

I will interject as a Richlands fan as well by saying that Coach Mance and his staff have done an admirable job of creating consistent success especially comparable to the dark ages before Mance and Vaught.

Thanks to countless "recruits"...oh, excuse me, transfers with "family ties" to Richlands...

Exactly like him...I don't get on here and say he is a giles person from the start...dad married giles girl...but that's two brothers compared to your how many?

But, that one is OK...you know, the "family ties" rule applies there...

But, that one is OK...you know, the "family ties" rule applies there...

Not really family ties in this situation...this is like "that's my cousin by marriage" type thing

Plus I know for a fact we don't go looking for players...some teams do and I know this for fact also but oh well what can you do

5 Offensive linemen that transferred in this year is just some of the idiocy that some spew on here as fact when it is not true.  But as we have seen everywhere else in our lives nowadays,  all you have to do is make a statement on the net and it has to be true.

Everyone wants to claim "recruiting"........ok, prove it.  Prove that it is not the kids and their families that just want to come play for Richlands or in a couple of the kids case were originally from our area or have families that are from the Richlands area and have moved back here.  

I transferred here from Maryland back in the mid 70's and it was not because my parents wanted or needed a better job or to play football here,  Both my parents had great jobs up there and I played for a good program.

My Dad worked as a supervisor for a company called American Cyanamid and made a good living, my parents moved up there after they were married in 1958,  but they missed being close to our family and loved this area and decided to move back here.  Dad left that job to become a coal miner and mom managed a convenience store here.  So people move back here for all kinds of reasons.  Not all are for family reasons, granted, some kids and their parents want to play for Richlands,  whether you agree with it or not it is their decision and as long as it is done to the rules then there is little to nothing anybody can do about it,   that is their decision and their right and right now Richlands is the hot program.  There have been other programs in the past that were the hot program.

We have had the same coach for over 20 years which means stability, and we have good to great facilities and some of the best fan support around.  There will come a time when some other program will be on top and the kids will go there and I guess everyone will then focus their attention on them.

I usually try not to get involved in these types of conversations because there is no way to win and your just not going to convince some to change their view and everyone has a right to their view and opinion,  but some of this stuff is over the top.

Some are just mad because their team is not the one who is getting some of these kids  ( they say they wouldn't want transfers........yea right )  others are jealous of the success the blues have had over a long period of time and others have issues with both of the statements I just made.  but I am just so sorry that the kids from the team have to see this stuff.   I just think it's sad that we seem to have to focus on how to find the bad and try to tear one another down ( I include myself in this statement )  then to look at the good or worry about what can uplift us or our programs.  I guess it's easy for me to say since my beloved program is at a high level at the moment.  But I am old enough to remember when Richlands was just an average program at best, so I am very thankful to Mance for where he and his staff has brought it to now

So I have said my peace,  and I know I am going to catch hell for it,  but I'm a big boy and I can handle it.

I am not a wordsmith so I'm am not very good at expressing myself so I know there are points I could have made better but there it is.

Now I have a lot more important things going on in my life right now, like some serious health issues I have to deal with, but I will be back next football season so until then,  I wish everyone on here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ! 

I usually try not to get involved in these types of conversations because there is no way to win and your just not going to convince some to change their view and everyone has a right to their view and opinion,

It seems everyone already has the same opinion of Richlands...except for Richlands fans...