is it to early to start talking bout 2017...whos gonna be the top dawg in the west.

#1BLUESFAN

I know that Giles is returning a lot. Unfortunately we will be losing Pennington who really changed the O for Giles when moved to tailback. Luckily Chapman will be back and hopefully will stay healthy throughout the season. I can see them finishing the regular season at 8-2, 9-1 at best. Blacksburg returns almost everything so getting past them the 1st game will be no easy task.

I said west but i meant here around the house...out of the west im sure Appomattox is the team to beat again but alot of there fans dont seem to think they will be as good next season..but they got a few skilled players coming back that is gonna be very good..hell there already very good..

Richlands will be good again next year.  They lose their QB and their top 4 wr's but I think Trey Brown will bring a different element to their offense with his ability to run the ball.  I also think Horn, Brown, etc will step in and do well at WR. 

APPOMATTOX will now be in a different Region???

Yes, they will be Region C.  If I understand correctly, nobody from Region D will see Appomattox till the semis at the earliest.

Region D:  John Battle, Wise Central, Gate City, Graham, Grayson County, Lebanon, Lee High, Marion, Richlands, Ridgeview, Tazewell, Union and Virginia High

Region C:  Appomattox, Buckingham County, Chatham, Dan River, Floyd County, Fort Chiswell, Giles, Glenvar, Gretna, Jame River, Nelson County, Martinsville and Radford

Let me be the first to go out on a limb, Richlands goes 6-4 or 7-3 next year...

Not sure thats going out on a limb. They pick up William Byrd and Blacksburg who were strong teams this year. Not sure what those 2 are losing but if its not much then they should be strong again.

Graham may have a "few" signees of their own if the rumors are true (but you know how rumors go).  Even so, with or without some outstanding transfers, Graham will be solid again next season.  It will be interesting to see how Allen runs the offense, he has a rocket for an Arm and can scramble and take it to the house.  Big issue for Graham will be improving the line of scrimmage.  They got better as the year went on, but still need some more size and experience, but there are some promising young men coming back.  Graham will have several athletes, Cousin will be hard to replace, but Jazaire Reed shows a lot of promise to carry the load at RB and Chris Chinault could be a good change of pace.  Just need to shore up the line of scrimmage... Of course T. Cooke will be back at WR.

Yes, they will be Region C.  If I understand correctly, nobody from Region D will see Appomattox till the semis at the earliest.

Region D:  John Battle, Wise Central, Gate City, Graham, Grayson County, Lebanon, Lee High, Marion, Richlands, Ridgeview, Tazewell, Union and Virginia High

Region C:  Appomattox, Buckingham County, Chatham, Dan River, Floyd County, Fort Chiswell, Giles, Glenvar, Gretna, Jame River, Nelson County, Martinsville and Radford

Some epic battles to be had in C and D.

Not sure thats going out on a limb. They pick up William Byrd and Blacksburg who were strong teams this year. Not sure what those 2 are losing but if its not much then they should be strong again.

Blacksburg is returning a lot. Johnson, Beck, and Terry will return. I'm not looking forward to the Spartans playing them in the 1st game of the season

Blacksburg is returning a lot. Johnson, Beck, and Terry will return. I'm not looking forward to the Spartans playing them in the 1st game of the season

I'm looking forward to it...hell it's a good opening test for my boys...Blacksburg have some back but also lose some linemen also...good way to see where the Spartans stand after week 1

Union loses 3 on the o-line, fannon at Rb but Owens will step in there. Most of defense returns along with zirkle, turner mitchell on offense. Should be better team next year if the line can block.

I see Jenkins carrying the ball some next year too

I agree with the above mentioned comments on Union.. O-Line will be the deciding factor. Running game should be as good, if not better IMO. We lose Fannon but Owens and Jenkins have the speed, just not the same power as Fannon.  Passing game should follow suit, all we lose there is Jenkins but Falin that's a sophomore should step into that spot easily and even adds depth at TE. Defensively, we lose two good DE's in Colot and Guerrant but there's some young talent there too. Should be another good year for Union. I expect 9-1 or 8-2 at worst. Possibly a postseason run. I'll go out on an even further limb and say that after the 2017 season you will see a significant drop off at Union. We have some young talent, just not enough to go around.