is it to early to start talking bout 2017...whos gonna be the top dawg in the west.

#1BLUESFAN

GC will have to replace a 4 year starter at QB that was the majority of the offense. Hopefully we can get some help on the defensive side of the ball too. (Like a new DC)

A new DC won't help Gate City. The talent just isn't there to compete. 

I was told from a friend today that george wyth qb may be moving to richlands..dont know if its true dont know if he was a good qb...thats just what i was told.

I haven't heard this one, however I hear from a pretty reliable source that a pretty well known Bluefield kid has decided after basketball season he will bring his talent to Richlands a long with a friend of his. 

I haven't heard this one, however I hear from a pretty reliable source that a pretty well known Bluefield kid has decided after basketball season he will bring his talent to Richlands a long with a friend of his.

I've heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you've been messin' around...

Guess we will wait and see....ill go ahead and stock up on sum cheese to hand out with the wine..because we're gonna here it if they do show up in Maroon and Gold next year.

fixed it.

But in all seriousness, it's not going to happen on either front.  I'd love to see these schools develop what they have like most schools have to do and see how they build the program and bring their own skill players along.

Bluefield royalty isn't coming to Richlands. You guys need to shop elsewhere for a running back

I agree with the above mentioned comments on Union.. O-Line will be the deciding factor. Running game should be as good, if not better IMO. We lose Fannon but Owens and Jenkins have the speed, just not the same power as Fannon.  Passing game should follow suit, all we lose there is Jenkins but Falin that's a sophomore should step into that spot easily and even adds depth at TE. Defensively, we lose two good DE's in Colot and Guerrant but there's some young talent there too. Should be another good year for Union. I expect 9-1 or 8-2 at worst. Possibly a postseason run. I'll go out on an even further limb and say that after the 2017 season you will see a significant drop off at Union. We have some young talent, just not enough to go around.

Luigi is just a junior, unless his age makes him ineligible

Luigi is just a junior, unless his age makes him ineligible

He's listed as a senior on just about everything for some reason. He was even listed as a senior on our senior salute on twitter (even though he wasn't recognized before the game) and in the paper for the all-conference team. I think Hudl is about the only place that lists him as Jr. I think that's why everyone thinks he's a senior.

Luigi is a Jr. His age will get him they are trying for a hardship due to him being forced to come to the states when he was younger and not knowing the English language so they kept him back early in school so hopefully they win having back would really help the defense.

Hammer is correct, age is the issue. I had not heard about an appeal but it makes sense. I wouldn't be overly confident in an appeal, it may set a standard that could be taken advantage of in the future. I know his circumstances are 100% legit, but we all know how some will take advantage of loop holes. I would love to see him back for another season.