Thoughts on WakeyLeaks...

GMan

First off, it is a terrible shame that a team's former player, coach, and radio announcer would freely send out information to opponents of the school he supposedly loved.  Disgraceful!

Second, I think Frank Beamer knew about one of VT's coaches being offered the information...and I think he "threw the game" because of it. 

That was one of VT's worst offensive performances EVER against a team that barely had a pulse.  WF was 2-8 with wins over Army and Gardner Webb coming into that game.  And, this was the same VT team that BEAT The Ohio State University in The Horseshoe earlier in the season.

Then, if you remember, Frank's reaction at the end of regulation was as if his team had just pulled off a major victory.

b3esvencqaafwdn.jpg

All that seems very odd...something just wasn't right about the whole thing...

I know on TSL.com, fans questioned his reaction for weeks and it has been made fun of over and over on different websites.  Maybe now, we know why. 

He knew. 

He felt guilty knowing.  He didn't raise his arms in victory, he raised his arms in relief that his team didn't win.

This has to be one of the oddest circumstance I've ever heard of in major college football.  What can be done???  The guy that the gave out the info has lost his job, the VT coach that received the info is no longer at VT, and the Hokies lost the game.  How about the other schools/academies that had info???  What do you do to them???   What do you do to anyone who was involved in this fiasco???

The real twist would be if the coach who received that information was Shane. It just seems like something Shane would do.

I don't think VT tried to throw that game. That image, one of my favorites ever, was the result of Wake missing a FG in regulation which would have won. Nice spin, but Loeffler's offense was hot garbage (something of which I tried to warn the Hokies, falling on deaf ears). Wake's defense wasn't horrible that season...that was its offense.