2017 schedules.

ojrussell

Copied straight off the site... On another note, can someone explain why we play Bluefield on Thursday???

8/25 @ Virginia High

9/1 @ Graham

9/8 @ Riverview

9/15 @ Marion

9/21 @ Bluefield (THUR)

9/29 vs. Hurley

10/6 vs. Richlands

10/13 vs. Fort Chiswell

10/20 BYE

10/27 vs. Grundy

11/3 vs. Lebanon

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

What he has posted doesn't match the new football site schedule.  www.tazewellfootball.com does have it listed as 5 away and 5 home.  Doesn't make sense since we were @Marion @Lebanon last year so I'm not sure what the truth of it is...

Truth is first 5 on the road, last 5 at home! 

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Copied straight off the site... On another note, can someone explain why we play Bluefield on Thursday???

8/25 @ Virginia High

9/1 @ Graham

9/8 @ Riverview

9/15 @ Marion

9/21 @ Bluefield (THUR)

9/29 vs. Hurley

10/6 vs. Richlands

10/13 vs. Fort Chiswell

10/20 BYE

10/27 vs. Grundy

11/3 vs. Lebanon

Because Graham plays that Friday? And Bluefield St plays Saturday? 

27 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I thought Bluefield always got the prime choice though and Graham came second

I am guessing from where last year Graham had to host Richlands on a Thursday is why Bluefield has a Thursday night game this year.

1 hour ago, bgibb said:

I am guessing from where last year Graham had to host Richlands on a Thursday is why Bluefield has a Thursday night game this year.

That game was played on a Thursday solely because the Battle at Bristol was on that Saturday and that would have damaged the gate severely.

The original post was correct and arranged with coaches, then the Powers that be got a hold of it. Take the rest for what its worth. From what I was told Bluefield was willing to switch & play at Tazewell on Friday night. Also look at Riverview & Bluefield they both have 6 home games in the fall if I am correct. I would bet there is not another 2A team in the state that has a 5 game away run. Hurry & get your applications in for athletic director at THS, window is closing soon.

Bluefield always had the preference until a few years ago and the last I heard they are supposed to be taking turns when a conflict arises. But I think they have been working their schedules out to where there is usually not a conflict of interest.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, stu_bean said:

8/25 @ Virginia High

9/1 @ Graham

9/8 @ Riverview

9/15 @ Marion

9/21 @ Bluefield (THUR)

9/29 vs. Hurley

10/6 vs. Richlands

10/13 vs. Fort Chiswell

10/20 BYE

10/27 vs. Grundy

11/3 vs. Lebanon

To give you a few extra days to prepare for Hurley.

On 5/26/2017 at 0:13 PM, OleDawg62 said:

The original post was correct and arranged with coaches, then the Powers that be got a hold of it. Take the rest for what its worth. From what I was told Bluefield was willing to switch & play at Tazewell on Friday night. Also look at Riverview & Bluefield they both have 6 home games in the fall if I am correct. I would bet there is not another 2A team in the state that has a 5 game away run. Hurry & get your applications in for athletic director at THS, window is closing soon.

The day can't come soon enough for a new AD at Tazewell.  I know many many people, some of high influence as well that are hoping he retires very soon.

On 5/27/2017 at 9:23 AM, GMan said:

Bluefield St. has a team again????

I was trying to find a little info on Bluefield State football  when my wife started teaching there but haven't really had time to explore very deep.  I know they disbanded in 1981 does anyone know if they played their home games at Mitchell? 

29 minutes ago, techfan said:

I was trying to find a little info on Bluefield State football  when my wife started teaching there but haven't really had time to explore very deep.  I know they disbanded in 1981 does anyone know if they played their home games at Mitchell? 

After integration they did. Before that there was a football field in the parking "Pit" called the BeeCee Bowl and that is where they played most of their games with an occasional game at Mitchell Stadium.

18 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

After integration they did. Before that there was a football field in the parking "Pit" called the BeeCee Bowl and that is where they played most of their games with an occasional game at Mitchell Stadium.

Seems like an interesting topic for an images of America series book if enough photos are still around.    They won two national titles in the 20s.  

11 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Is the "Pit" located where the parking lot is beside Rt. 52 or is it where the tennis courts are?  

12 hours ago, techfan said:

I know that in the 70's until they disbanded, they did play at Mitchell Stadium.  I remember watching a few BSC games as a kid.  I really thought they gave up football earlier than '81, I was thinking '79/'80 time frame...yeh, I looked online and the only source I found said '81 as well.