2017 schedules.

ojrussell

I don't think I ever remember Graham and Richlands playing in the 2nd half of the regular season, maybe someone else a little more seasoned than me can correct me?

2009-2010 most recently but you have to go back to 1980-1981 seasons before that.

I had known the BYE was moving. Mance didn't like it at the end. Didn't like going 10 straight weeks.

I have no idea when the Graham game is. I only know opponents and the GC, Union, Bluefield and Tazewell dates.

Smart. Playing 10 straight weeks at the HS level is asking a lot of the kids. An ideal bye week is after some tough OOC and conference games but before at least 2-4 games with one or more being tough games to get prepared for playoffs.

Graham 2017 schedule

08-25  A  Bluefield

09-01  H  Tazewell

09-08  H  Giles

09-22  H  Central Wise

09-29  A  Princeton

10-06  A  Lebanon

10-13  H  Virginia High

10-20  A  Richlands

10-27  A  Fort Chiswell

11-03  H  Marion

Nice!  6 games at the friendly confines of Mitchell Stadium and only a total of 293.6 miles of travel to and from away games.

• 3 weeks later...

Benefit ???

Week 1 GC

Week 2 @ Union

Week 3 BYE

Week 4 Blacksburg

Week 5 William Byrd

Week 6 @ Bluefield

Week 7 @ Tazewell

Week 8 ???

Week 9 Graham

Week 10 ???

Week 11 ???

That's what I have as of now. Still needing the Marion, Lebanon, and VHS games.

Benefit ???

Week 1 GC

Week 2 @ Union

Week 3 BYE

Week 4 Blacksburg

Week 5 William Byrd

Week 6 @ Bluefield

Week 7 @ Tazewell

Week 8 ???

Week 9 Graham

Week 10 ???

Week 11 ???

That's what I have as of now. Still needing the Marion, Lebanon, and VHS games.

Aug 11 - vs Belfry, GW, Heritage (Jamboree)

Aug 17 - vs Grundy (Benefit)

Oct 13 - vs Marion

Oct 27 - at Lebanon

Nov 3 - at VA High

Aug 11 - vs Belfry, GW, Heritage (Jamboree)

Aug 17 - vs Grundy (Benefit)

Oct 13 - vs Marion

Oct 27 - at Lebanon

Nov 3 - at VA High

Thank ya.

Back to back years at Va High. Hmmmm.

Marion and Graham rejoining has really thrown off district scheduling for the SWD. Lots of home-away sequences are cattywampered as a result.

Good news for Richlands is that despite the schedule difficulty, with the exception of Union and the Beavs, most of the tougher games are at Ernie.

ok so the only opponents that are on honaker's schedule, besides district teams, are GW and Ridgeview. did honaker add/drop any team?

Last year we had Lebanon, Castlewood, Eastside, Holston, JI Burton, Ridgeview and GW as non district opponents. I can't find a 2017 schedule to see who we drop and pick up

http://www.southwestdistrictva.org/public/genie/307/school/4/date/2017-11-01/view/month/

It could be a misprint, but that's from the Richlands athletic department. VA High at Richlands would also give the Naders 6 home games, which wouldn't be too unusual, but typically schools try and avoid it.

http://www.southwestdistrictva.org/public/genie/307/school/4/date/2017-11-01/view/month/

It could be a misprint, but that's from the Richlands athletic department. VA High at Richlands would also give the Naders 6 home games, which wouldn't be too unusual, but typically schools try and avoid it.

That is true. Even though when the ADs hash out schedules, they usually try to alternate home and away with annual opponents, it's also not too terribly unusual to see a school having to travel to the same place 2 years in a row. VA High had to go to Lee in 2014 and 2015