Tipoff Tournaments

swvasportscommenter

Y'all don't read very well. The bracket clearly says that consolation games will be played on Thursday and Friday.

Truth be told I don't read at all.

How you think I've put up with people on this board for over 10 years?

Ridgeview has NO shot... none

Lol.  I'm trying to be Mr. Optimistic here.  Truth be told, I'm not going to be surprised if our last win of the season was Monday night.

They did look a little better Monday night, but man, they miss WAAAAAAAAYYYYY too many shots in close.  Shots that are must converts.

Richlands take the championship again. Mt. Mission A team dropped out to play in a bigger tournament. Their B team may replace them, not sure yet.

I didn't think it was their A team playing?

Richlands take the championship again. Mt. Mission A team dropped out to play in a bigger tournament. Their B team may replace them, not sure yet.

Again? They did not play in it last year...

It is a tough tournament and competition will be much stronger than Honaker, Sullivan South, and Happy Valley. I noticed Richlands only beat Grayson Co by 15ish last night. Grayson is generally down, although I hear they have improved this year from what I hear. Bottom line, it was a 10 point game for a while until the 4th quarter. Not really how a team that is supposed to walk into Richmond plays IMO. 

GW is good. Richlands keeps looking past them and they might receive their first L on the season.

Again? They did not play in it last year...

It is a tough tournament and competition will be much stronger than Honaker, Sullivan South, and Happy Valley. I noticed Richlands only beat Grayson Co by 15ish last night. Grayson is generally down, although I hear they have improved this year from what I hear. Bottom line, it was a 10 point game for a while until the 4th quarter. Not really how a team that is supposed to walk into Richmond plays IMO. 

GW is good. Richlands keeps looking past them and they might receive their first L on the season.

Yes, again. Again as in the one they already won at Virginia High this year. Never said they won this tournament last year.

And I never said George Wythe was not good. I simply said Richlands takes this one. Which is my opinion. Am I allowed to have a opinion Dick?

Yes, again. Again as in the one they already won at Virginia High this year. Never said they won this tournament last year.

And I never said George Wythe was not good. I simply said Richlands takes this one. Which is my opinion. Am I allowed to have a opinion Dick?

LOL at you man. You guys get all but hurt when people do not bow down to the great Richlands. 

Richlands is talented but they better play to win all the games rather than "we are good we are supposed to win". Seems like they took that mentality to grayson last night and honaker in the 2nd half at VHS. You do not see GC stalling like this is games

LOL at you man. You guys get all but hurt when people do not bow down to the great Richlands.

Richlands is talented but they better play to win all the games rather than "we are good we are supposed to win". Seems like they took that mentality to grayson last night and honaker in the 2nd half at VHS. You do not see GC stalling like this is games

Isn't Grayson Co 1-5 on the season?

Ya I know. Just wondering how the self proclaimed "Dream Team" doesn't beat Grayson any worse than they did.

I was wondering if you're gonna make a 2 hour trip couldn't you find better competition? Radford?

Or do they have to play Grayson because of the SEC? I don't know how basketball scheduling is set

I was wondering if you're gonna make a 2 hour trip couldn't you find better competition? Radford?

Or do they have to play Grayson because of the SEC? I don't know how basketball scheduling is set

Gotta play them because they're a SEC team.

Everybody in our tournament at UVa-Wise is guaranteed three games unless you have a bye and lose your first game.

Every game of the tournament can be heard live on FM - 92.1 WDIC or www.wdicradio.com

We try to make this better every year and feel we have a great group of teams this season and I'm hopeful it will be our most competitive tournament yet while providing local youths with the opportunity to play in the nicest arena in SWVA (I'm biased but, I believe it's true).

We're blessed to have the support of Grand Home Furnishings and WDIC for our event this year. If you attend please post feedback here, positive and negative. I still read the forum and we want to do everything possible moving forward to make our event the best in SWVA.

I attempted to upload the complete bracket, including consolation bracket but only images are allowed. Attached is a screen shot, it's the best I can do.

Merry Christmas to you all.

post-6501-0-37931600-1482466989_thumb.png

Everybody in our tournament at UVa-Wise is guaranteed three games unless you have a bye and lose your first game.

Every game of the tournament can be heard live on FM - 92.1 WDIC or www.wdicradio.com

We try to make this better every year and feel we have a great group of teams this season and I'm hopeful it will be our most competitive tournament yet while providing local youths with the opportunity to play in the nicest arena in SWVA (I'm biased but, I believe it's true).

We're blessed to have the support of Grand Home Furnishings and WDIC for our event this year. If you attend please post feedback here, positive and negative. I still read the forum and we want to do everything possible moving forward to make our event the best in SWVA.

I attempted to upload the complete bracket, including consolation bracket but only images are allowed. Attached is a screen shot, it's the best I can do.

Well I will be the first to tell you that $10 for entry is a bit high. The Arby's is 10 bucks and this is not the same tournament. Just my opinion... you could have charged 6 or maybe even 7 but that's pushing it. Just my only beef with the tournament man. Everything else is great!

It is a solid tournament though. UVAW is the nicest facility in SWVA by far. They really do it right up there.

Well I will be the first to tell you that $10 for entry is a bit high. The Arby's is 10 bucks and this is not the same tournament. Just my opinion... you could have charged 6 or maybe even 7 but that's pushing it. Just my only beef with the tournament man. Everything else is great!

It is a solid tournament though. UVAW is the nicest facility in SWVA by far. They really do it right up there.

I agree about the admission... Little bit too steep.  The only other drawback of this tournament is that it DOES compete with Arby's.  Maybe next year, have it the week before Christmas.  There isn't much going on that week as far as holiday tournaments, or other regular season ballgames for that matter.

The arena is the best in SWVA, no question.  Sadly though, when I saw pictures of this tournament last year on Facebook, there were a LOT of empty seats, which I commented on and then promptly got put on blast by Kevin Mays.  Lol.

We have a girls tournament prior to Christmas each season and a boys tournament after.

With over 3,000 seats it's hard not to have empty seats but we have attempted to address that issue with the teams we have this year. Union - Central - Richlands are all playing this year and those three have fairly strong fan bases.

We have passes for the tournament that are cheaper than the $10 a day pass to help alleviate price. Overall, the tournament will have 18 games, at the $10 a day rate that's a little over $2 a game.

We have a girls tournament prior to Christmas each season and a boys tournament after.

With over 3,000 seats it's hard not to have empty seats but we have attempted to address that issue with the teams we have this year. Union - Central - Richlands are all playing this year and those three have fairly strong fan bases.

We have passes for the tournament that are cheaper than the $10 a day pass to help alleviate price. Overall, the tournament will have 18 games, at the $10 a day rate that's a little over $2 a game.

I mean bald point at the 2 bucks a game. But how many people are coming for all 18 games? I'd wager less than 5% you'll get better attendance for the semi finals And 1st/3rd place games. The other games will be comprised of people who "have" to be there. Maybe a few just come for the hell of it.

I know y'all want to make money and such just giving my opinion for a better draw. Imagine. Bringing a family of 5 for one game. That's 50 bucks and not even including concession. People aren't gonna spend it is all. Maybe that will. Hope I'm wrong!

At the Arbys Classic ( which I have attended) you can purchase Arbys Roast Beef sandwiches. Great badketball, great atmosphere and great food. Best tourney around.

This Gate City I always read about. Who all will be watching them from the board this year? Any predictions on how they will do against the team from the Bronx?