Arbys Classic Scores and Updates:

RiverRat24

Missed the game today, but proud of this team. Great showing so far in a tournament with some real quality teams. 

Two bad quarters of basketball. First quarter against Wings, and third quarter against Sandy Creek. 

So far we have played TN teams from the Kingsport area, a team from Knoxville, a team from the Bronx, a team from Georgia, and Saturday we play a team from the Bahamas. Great experience for these kids that will hopefully pay off in several weeks.

Buford (GA) 61  Wayne (OH) 54  Arby's Classic

Congrats to Buford...listened to the game.  The Wolves, under Coach Eddie Martin, (who previously lead Greater ATL Christian to the Arby's Championship in 2013) were down to Wayne 28-24 at the half... stepped up and were leading at the end of the 3rd. qtr. 41-39...and finished as posted above.  

Buford HS (Gwinnett Co. ) the Wolves play in the GHSA AAAAA classification and are currently ranked #1.
Buford HS ( a City School and not part of GCPS)  recently opened a new HS multi-sports Arena. Their first debut event was a wrestling tournament this week.

Buford Arena Debut:
http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/archer/new-buford-arena-debuts-with-takedown-sportswear-invitational-wrestling-this/article_ac3a40ec-cbb5-11e6-8726-2749b5e72d16.html

GA AAAAAAA BB Final Four to play in new Buford Arena:
http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/archer/georgia-s-biggest-high-schools-to-play-basketball-final-four/article_5f48a126-cd1c-11e6-9bb2-937a2534d6d6.html

Also, want to mention the sad passing of a 'Hokie', Keion Carpenter, he lived in Buford and was an assistant coach at Hebron Christian School.  I was at a store around the Buford Mall area a few years back, came out of the store and noticed a car sitting at the curb with a Hokie plate on the front of the vehicle.  I gave the 'thumbs up' sign, pointing at the front plate...and the window on the car rolled down and a man spoke to me. Told him, I was a former VA resident and followed the Hokies...he then identified himself as Keion, a former player for VT and was waiting on his wife to come out of the store.  He ran a charity, the Carpenter House...mentioned in following article...truly sad...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/former-falcon-keion-carpenter-dies-age/xaQSyTZXcQykUb7ClmMwZP/

Quincy, it was nice to meet you today.  I'm starting to make more friends from Gate City than what I have at Ridgeview games.  Lol.  

Anyways, these last two days has solidified my fears about a week from today when the Wolfpack come rolling into town.  Maybe the starters will take the night off that night since you all will have the Chance Harman game the next day and give us a chance.  ;)

See you on Saturday.

Hasn't Central won two state championships in girls basketball to your one? On top of that, Central is poised to win maybe another or two in the next few years.

1. Hard to win more than 1 when you've only been in existence 1 year. Lol.

2. They were the ones who instigated the rivalry.

3. I think it's pretty unanimous upon the other district teams that Central is the most hated school in the district. They choose to be pure grade a-holes so they can be treated as such.

1. Hard to win more than 1 when you've only been in existence 1 year. Lol.

2. They were the ones who instigated the rivalry.

3. I think it's pretty unanimous upon the other district teams that Central is the most hated school in the district. They choose to be pure grade a-holes so they can be treated as such.

Hang on tight to that one... I don't see it happening again for a long time in any sport.

Outside of boys basketball, I don't think central acts as such. Even excluding the small pocket of crazy with that they are pretty tame. There are worse fans in swva.

Hang on tight to that one... I don't see it happening again for a long time in any sport.

Outside of boys basketball, I don't think central acts as such. Even excluding the small pocket of crazy with that they are pretty tame. There are worse fans in swva.

Boys basketball is the major reason, I'd say 90%, the rest of the CMC roots against Wise.

yea tj is a pastor of a church and acts like he does. his mom got banned from tourney lasnite for attacking the refs after the game. real class act that bunch is

Whoa is this true? I knew his mother was pretty vocal, butngoing after a ref??