Arbys Classic Scores and Updates:

RiverRat24

It could happen, but I think GC will have to play really bad for anyone around here locally to have a shot. I think these past 3 games will strengthen GC and I wouldn't be suprised to see the Devils take out a little bit of frustration on the Pioneers and the Pack this week.

And is the gym really getting so packed that they are considering cutting off ticket sales? I didn't realize at the last game that it was quite that bad. It was crowded....But I thought i seen some seats here and there available.

I was given the idea of several of the people I talked to at Arby's that GC would be playing the bench a lot against us on Friday due to the fact that they do have a 3-4 hour bus ride to Floyd the next morning.

I hope that's the case.  Otherwise it's hard to tell what the final margin would be Friday night.

I was given the idea of several of the people I talked to at Arby's that GC would be playing the bench a lot against us on Friday due to the fact that they do have a 3-4 hour bus ride to Floyd the next morning.

I hope that's the case. Otherwise it's hard to tell what the final margin would be Friday night.

Hadn't really heard that but it would make sense if that's what they do. GC will probably start dipping alot more into the bench starting tomorrow....I'm hoping so anyhow.

The Pack won a game or two that I wasn't expecting. Are they better than you had expected?

Scoring stats done and your 2016 #ArbysClassic scoring average leader is Gate City's @McclungMac at 27.3 ppg @GateCityCowbell

Top 5 for #ArbysClassic scoring leaders @McclungMac 27.3 ppg, @Gdawg_10 27.0, @evanjester 24.5, @zacervin23 23.7, @FrancoVM_ 21.7

great state

Hadn't really heard that but it would make sense if that's what they do. GC will probably start dipping alot more into the bench starting tomorrow....I'm hoping so anyhow.

The Pack won a game or two that I wasn't expecting. Are they better than you had expected?

Well, they've only won 5.  Council, Castlewood X 3 and Lebanon.  Lebanon was the only one I wasn't expecting.  I really can't say because I have only seen them twice.  They won both times I saw them, but needed a LOT of improvement in order to compete within the conference.  Missed way too many shots in close.  The Yates kid is a really good shooter.  Gabe Counts gets most of the scoring, but truly believe Jacob Yates is the better player.

Ervin definitely got the screw job no doubt. And I thought I seen where there was a team or maybe two that had 2 players on the list?

Havok...Really the only game I was surprised about was Lebanon. (When I said one or two...I was trying to fluff things up a bit) If Castlewood was the same Castlewood team of several years back then The Pack would be in business...They had some quality teams in the late 2000s. But from what I've heard they are a shell of what they have been. The Pack may surprise you by the time the season is over...Never know.

• 2 months later...

Tim Hayes†@Hayes_BHCSports 1h1 hour ago

South Carolina boss Frank Martin coached Miami Senior High to the 1996 @ArbysClassic title. Twenty years later, he's in the # Final Four

South Carolina’s Sindarius Thornwell played for the Oak Hill Academy Warriors during the 2012-13 season.

South Carolina’s Justin McKie played in the 2011 @ArbysClassic for the Irmo Yellow Jackets. His dad (B.J.) played in the 1993 Arbys Classic

great state