Richlands vs Graham

local_insight

Just me, and maybe thinking rationally is tossed out of the window dealing with cross county rivals, but choosing not to play this game was the best decision. East KY was absolutely slammed mid day today with snow and was dangerous. Forecast had the snow moving into our area and would "hit" around game time.

Just imagine how many lives they would have possibly placed in danger by having a game. It sucks... of course but human lives are exponentially more important compared to the best game in SWVA this year.

Would love to see them reschedule to a day hardly no one plays or on a weekend. Talk about a massive crowd!

9:30 in Richlands. Had to run to walmart, not a thing on the road. They could have had this game...

You do remember there's 35 miles of asphalt to cover as well, correct? I live right near a stretch of it, and the roads were poor in that time frame. They made the right call.

This is for the Richlands guys. Why would you not want to play Graham with their best players on the court? It will tell you how you really stand! Not make you feel good about yourselves and then boom you meet them again in the playoffs and they end your season early because you were over confident and didn't know how good they really were.

This is for the Richlands guys. Why would you not want to play Graham with their best players on the court? It will tell you how you really stand! Not make you feel good about yourselves and then boom you meet them again in the playoffs and they end your season early because you were over confident and didn't know how good they really were.

For me, it has nothing to do with Graham not bibg 100%. It has everything to do with the fact that I go back to Blacksburg in 7 days, and I don't have faith that they will play this game in that 7 day period. This is Richlands' biggest game of the year, and I was pumped that it was happening over break so I would be able to see it. That's why I'm mad that it got ppd.

For me, it has nothing to do with Graham not bibg 100%. It has everything to do with the fact that I go back to Blacksburg in 7 days, and I don't have faith that they will play this game in that 7 day period. This is Richlands' biggest game of the year, and I was pumped that it was happening over break so I would be able to see it. That's why I'm mad that it got ppd.

That's totally reasonable (if not a lil selfish lol).

Because they know that a Graham team at 100% might be too tough of a game...and you Richlands fans, and Coach Fred, know that is 100% accurate...just sayin'...

Because they know that a Graham team at 100% might be too tough of a game...and you Richlands fans, and Coach Fred, know that is 100% accurate...just sayin'...

I'm not scared of a 100% Graham team. I have faith in our team, so to me, it doesn't matter who's playing for Graham. As I said, I wanted the game played because I wanted to see it, and now I likely won't be able to, and that upsets me.

Game has been re- scheduled for January 25th. Hopefully Morgan will be back...not sure if Dalton will be back by then. They may both be out.

Of course. On a freaking Wednesday when I'm back in Blacksburg. Just freaking perfect. 

I'm not scared of a 100% Graham team.

And you neither play for nor coach the Richlands team...no need for you to be "scared". 

And I never said "scared"...I said Richlands would prefer playing Graham when they were not 100% healthy, much better chance of beating Graham with them being down two starters. 

Game has been re- scheduled for January 25th. Hopefully Morgan will be back...not sure if Dalton will be back by then. They may both be out.

I was told by a very reliable source Graham would be 100% this coming week...

Richlands wins by 30 or more against any Graham team they come up with barring any loss of Ball or Phillips from Richlands. 

I'll take Graham and 30...Bluefield beat Graham by 24 and they would blow Richlands out of the gym this season. 

Too bad Coach Fred decided to drop them in favor of an easier schedule, playing Bluefield twice sure would have helped Richlands prepare for the post-season.  But, I guess some coaches/fans would rather play a bunch of cupcakes in order to win a bunch of games instead of playing tougher opponents and be ready for the playoffs.  Lipstick on a pig during the regular season become "made-up" bacon when it comes to winning or go home...

lipstick-on-pig.png

We will see how well that loss to Bluefield prepared Graham to beat Richlands.

Graham played two starters down for most the game and the Beavers were rolling that night...they play again Friday night at GMS, we will see if it made a difference.

Plus, Graham now knows they won't face many teams better than Bluefield for the rest of the season...so yeh, that probably prepared them for the rest of the games...

We will see how well that loss to Bluefield prepared Graham to beat Richlands.

I think you're missing the point. You guys think Richlands has the team to go on a deep run but right now you're basically the Hurley Football team of AA basketball. Because they're winning (most) of their games we should start chugging the kool-aid? Really the only difference between the two is that Hurley dominated everyone on their watered down schedule in the fall while Richlands is struggling with "inferior" teams in the winter. An 18-20 win season against scrub teams won't prepare you for good competetion in the playoffs..ask Hurley.. or ask Gate City - I'm sure they're not sweating them 3 losses in the Arby's against actual basketball teams.

What G-Man said is correct - Graham is the best team on Richlands schedule. Which is sad because the truth of the matter is that Graham isn't no where near being a top tier team this year. They're always going to hustle and play fundamentally but there is no where near the talent on the team as in the past 3 years. There isn't any Colby Hill's, Tony Hood's, or Roman Workman's on the floor. So if Fred wants to be considered a "great" team then they should beat Graham by 30.. which I don't see happening.

You guys need to see this for what it is. Trust me, I get it. You drop Union and Bluefield. You replace them with bad teams and undertalented tournaments. Pad the coaches son's stats and win 20 games and get 1 region win. That'll definitely be enough to make people forget how dirty they did Fuller & son.