Changes at GC

Great City

• 2 weeks later...

This should have happened as LHL said last season, you can't leave a bunch of butt hurt coaches on a staff with the new guy, the cancer from two years ago was still there. Until he brings in his own guys nothing will change.

This should have happened as LHL said last season, you can't leave a bunch of butt hurt coaches on a staff with the new guy, the cancer from two years ago was still there. Until he brings in his own guys nothing will change.

Until there's talent, nothing will change. 

A lot of the issue for talent at GC is kids concentrating on one sport. One sport athletes hurt small schools.

Can't blame a kid that truly has DI aspirations to stick to their main sport and not risk any injury in another sport.

Can't blame them but there are also college coaches that like the multisport athlete.

They make it known too. I've seen where several coaches say that. And it's obvious, look at how many D1 coaches go to watch kids play other sports, Dabo went to OR to watch Higgins play basketball, Fuente is supposed to watch Mitchell play basketball as well. Coaches love versatility.

They make it known too. I've seen where several coaches say that. And it's obvious, look at how many D1 coaches go to watch kids play other sports, Dabo went to OR to watch Higgins play basketball, Fuente is supposed to watch Mitchell play basketball as well. Coaches love versatility.

I know this is for high-school football, but damn Fuente is on fire with these recruits he's pulling. Sorry for going off topic.

Can't blame them but there are also college coaches that like the multisport athlete.

That's for sure true, but say you're an elite basketball player who has a chance at a D1 offer, football can be brutal and if it's not a sport you particularly like, playing could lead to a serious injury that totally derails a kids dream. Football stars are kinda different, while injures like ACL tears and such happen in basketball, injuries are generally less severe compared to football where you can basically hurt everything. I'm sure GC would've loved to have McClung play football, but I don't blame a kid if he doesn't truly love a sport to choose to focus on what they really love playing.

I know this is for high-school football, but damn Fuente is on fire with these recruits he's pulling. Sorry for going off topic.

The strong finish really helped. 247 has them in the top 20, which is not somewhere Tech usually finishes. They haven't landed any big 5* kids, but they have five 4* kids which is big for VT.

The strong finish really helped. 247 has them in the top 20, which is not somewhere Tech usually finishes. They haven't landed any big 5* kids, but they have five 4* kids which is big for VT.

They aren't done either. Another 4*, Garbutt is rumored to be committing today or tomorrow. There's also a few other high 3* guys (Speed, Becton, Newsome) that VT has a real shot at. This is shaping up to be maybe the best defensive class they've ever signed.

Bulldogs52 really, that maroon Kool-aid must be good stuff, have you seen Clemson and Florida State's classes this year. Tech will be lucky to respectable in the ACC next year and will have zero chance in an ACC title game against either for a while.

Bulldogs52 really, that maroon Kool-aid must be good stuff, have you seen Clemson and Florida State's classes this year. Tech will be lucky to respectable in the ACC next year and will have zero chance in an ACC title game against either for a while.

+ Miami.

Yeah FSU should be just fine even losing Cook, they are landing the top or #2 RB in this class and that defense was very young. Clemson will take a small step back losing Watson and Williams, but they are gonnbhanf around and Miami is FOR SURE trending up w Richt.

We all say Miami is "back" every single year. They lose their QB, RB, WR, TE. Their defense will be legit, but I'm not sold on them being back.

I was speaking of recruiting classes which ESPN has Miami ranked #13 right now with a couple of 4 stars leaning that way still too.