Changes at GC

Great City

I was speaking of recruiting classes which ESPN has Miami ranked #13 right now with a couple of 4 stars leaning that way still too.

Tech isn't far behind. Composite has VT in the top 20. Higher than the end of the Beamer era, by far. 

Tech isn't far behind. Composite has VT in the top 20. Higher than the end of the Beamer era, by far.

I only looked at ESPN and they had VT around #32 I think.

I trust 247 more than the others though.

I agree with the Mark Richt opinions. He's 5x better than any coach Miami has had since Coker. Miami can finally be "back" if he can keep the talent at home. Teddy Bridgewater, Amari Cooper, Dalvin Cook.. just to name a few recent ones that could've helped put Miami back at the top if they would've stayed home.

I only looked at ESPN and they had VT around #32 I think.

I trust 247 more than the others though.

I agree with the Mark Richt opinions. He's 5x better than any coach Miami has had since Coker. Miami can finally be "back" if he can keep the talent at home. Teddy Bridgewater, Amari Cooper, Dalvin Cook.. just to name a few recent ones that could've helped put Miami back at the top if they would've stayed home.

If you trust 247, they have VT as a top 15 class.

Since Butch Davis.  Coker was a joke.  The players ran things and Coker was only good until he ran out of Butchs players which was 2 years.

What did Richt do at GA? 

Have to be anxious about the Tech coach, He is to a offense what Bud Foster is to a defense, consistent, just don't believe we have seen his best yet.

Win 10-11 games every season but manage to lose the games that meant the most.

Difference is, Mance has actually won a title, Richt always choked before he could make it to top of the mountain.

People always forget that Georgia won 2 SEC titles under Richt, one of those with a 13-1 team that would have played Miami for a national title if not for OSU going 13-0 against a wretched schedule.

The Richt argument has never made sense to me.   Georgia won 10+ games eleven times from 1902-2000.  They won 10+ games ten times under Richt from 2001-2015.  

Seems like a lack of perspective to me!

But with those loaded teams, how many titles did he playnfor?

But with those loaded teams, how many titles did he playnfor?

Georgia doesn't have the football tradition most would expect them to have based on their over-inflated-self-valuation.  Georgia has 1 National Championship in 1980 and played for another in 1942.  That's in 113 years of football.  They weren't playing for titles before Richt!  Richt took them to a level they had never reached before in terms of consistency and recruiting.

As I said earlier, a matter of perspective!

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/georgia/

Georgia does indeed have a tradition of winning football, they have the third most SEC titles (behind Alabama's 26 and Tennessee's 13 and one ahead of LSU) with 12. They just have never been a National contender. If the state of Georgia's flagship university can't win nine games a year with all the talent within 200 miles of that campus, they never will. I think Georgia fans and the administration are struck on themselves a little, they ran off one of the best men ever to coach football, for an unknown commodity. Karma will not be good for Georgia going forward.

Georgia does indeed have a tradition of winning football, they have the third most SEC titles (behind Alabama's 26 and Tennessee's 13 and one ahead of LSU) with 12. They just have never been a National contender. If the state of Georgia's flagship university can't win nine games a year with all the talent within 200 miles of that campus, they never will. I think Georgia fans and the administration are struck on themselves a little, they ran off one of the best men ever to coach football, for an unknown commodity. Karma will not be good for Georgia going forward.

My point exactly.  Georgia has a tradition, just not the one most would expect to find.

While Richt underachieved, don't underestimate Kirby Smart.  He had a "pretty good" recruiting year (#3 in the nation), and his previous experience will be invaluable.

Georgia doesn't have the football tradition most would expect them to have based on their over-inflated-self-valuation.  Georgia has 1 National Championship in 1980 and played for another in 1942.  That's in 113 years of football.  They weren't playing for titles before Richt!  Richt took them to a level they had never reached before in terms of consistency and recruiting.

As I said earlier, a matter of perspective!

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/georgia/

Ga has as much instate talent as any state outside of Texas, and he still never managed to play for a title when he had guys like Stafford, Gurley, Moreno, AJ Green, Chubb, etc...Not to mention Justin Houston, Geno Atkins, etc....

I meant national titles, and after 2005, he never won an SEC title.

Ga has as much instate talent as any state outside of Texas, and he still never managed to play for a title when he had guys like Stafford, Gurley, Moreno, AJ Green, Chubb, etc...Not to mention Justin Houston, Geno Atkins, etc....

How did any other school fair against Alabama during that span?  Pick a school, any school!  It's easy to say Richt underachieved with the talent he had at Georgia.  But nobody else is beating Alabama consistently over that same time frame.    

How did any other school fair against Alabama during that span?  Pick a school, any school!  It's easy to say Richt underachieved with the talent he had at Georgia.  But nobody else is beating Alabama consistently over that same time frame.

Even pre Sabah, Richt never managed to win the big one. His losses to Soith Carolina, and others always held him back