Changes at GC

Great City

Great City, with McClung at WR and DB last years GC team would have been MUCH improved. You cant throw the ball to his side and hes gotta be double covered every play.

Idk that focusing on Bball was a great decision for him, time will tell but just where is he going to end up in college?   If its ETSU or a similar school that's GREAT and Im happy for him but whould have playing football changed that any? I doubt it. Now if he ends up at a top 25 team then it apparently helped him. Mitchell didn't give up on basketball to focus on weightlifting in the winter to prepare for Football and its not hurt him one bit.

The talent level at GC just hasn't been the same, that's a fact. I was watching the GC 03 teams highlight video the other day with some friends and that team was ridiculous!  Last years GC team didn't have half that talent. Not trying to bash GC, just giving an objective point of view

Gate City also has to stop losing some of their better athletes to other schools. There aren't many that are lost but as was stated above, sometimes it only takes a couple of talented kids to make a difference at a lower classification. And we can talk about kids playing only one sport but at times it's a matter of not liking a coach or the coach not getting kids interested in playing the sport they coach.

The athletes are definitely in the school, but they have no desire to play. As bad as it is at GC currently, DB has 2200 kids and used to have 100+ on their roster, but it has been in the mid 60's lately. There are several from GC currently on that roster. That just backs up GC1's last sentence above.

Sounds to me that you have some serious BH issues! You are right about one thing, Gate City's problems started and continues with a big cancer but he is still there at the school.

Bulldogs52...........I wonder the same thing. Believe he still has the house on the lake in TN. Not a bad drive at all to GC.

Just not sure how his retirement pay from VA would be effected, if any, if he returns now.

• 3 weeks later...

Have any of my Blue Devils brethren heard that Barry Jones may be returning to Gate City, I heard from a friend of mine who teaches there that there is a lot of tension between Coach Jones and the AD, and between Jones and several sets of parents. If so it would be great for GC and par for the course at Volunteer.