Ok.....I have a question.

HowTheWestWasWon2017

Been watching the 'Cats this year. We have a decent team coming here tonight to play in Glenvar. They have really hurt us bad at times in the past especially in the postseason. We won our last game with them by around 20 I think. After tonight our schedule gets pretty easy except for Northside. They play pretty competitively also. Playing in 2A will be very different than 1A.

People on here talk about Martinsville and Robert E. Lee as teams to beat. Martinsville graduates 5 seniors this year. Robert E. Lee graduates 3 seniors and two of them are over 6'6.

Of the teams in the four regions next year, I believe I heard someone say that Gate City graduates the McClung guy. How many players do they lose with him?

The reason I ask is that it looks like the Bobcats could be in prime position to make some noise either next year or especially the year after next because a lot of the major players in the postseason like Martinsville, R.E. Lee, Richlands and Gate City will all be down.

What are everyone's thoughts? Am I correct in saying that these teams should be down a huge amount or do these teams have something to bank on in the future?

This move to 2A is a big one for Radford but if all these teams are losing people I am thinking it will most likely not be that bad.

We welcome all thoughts and comments on this.

McClung is a Junior this year... their "year" is actually next year. 

Graham will be solid for the next few years. 

Radford should come in and compete simply because they are pretty good and athletic. How many do they graduate from this years team? 

GC will lose Collier...But he's really the only senior that gets playing time that GC loses. Next year Union, GC, Graham, and maybe Central or Battle will all be good. I expect Martinsville and DR to be tough as usual too. The West will have some quality teams....But there will be a big drop off in each district aside from the few top teams.

Radford's guard Morton-Robertson is the real deal and only a soph. He got hurt the 1st Martinsville game and the Dogs blew them out but the 2nd game he played dropped 20 some on us and we only one by 1 in ot. Is there any chance he goes to a prep school to increase the talent level he plays against because I think he's got a bright future. Dropped 46 on Blacksburg the other night.

Well the Freshman they have right now is a possible D1 prospect. Dean will blossom quite a bit next year and I expect him to tear it up as a Junior. Don't think there's any super talented up and comers on the 8th grade team....If there is I haven't heard of them. I think having 3 on the same team is unheard of at a small public school in SWVA. I'm just trying to enjoy the team they have as much as I can....Won't be this way for long.

Radford will compete in 2A no problem. They have a great coach and a great program. The competition will be stiffer once they make it into the post season....But regular season play will look alot of the same for the Bobcats I think. 2-3 tough games and that will probably be it....Unless they go out of their way to schedule some other teams and do some traveling. I'd like to see Radford come on down and play at the Arbys classic and represent VA....Along with Graham, Richlands, MHS or Dan River.

I would definitely go for more SWVa teams making up the local field in the Arby's or more VHSL teams in general even making up the the other part of the field.

I get tired of seeing Sullivan East play and putting up with their obnoxious fans every year.  Same goes for Tabernacle.

Exactly what I was thinking. The one I'm thinking of is pretty young right now...But her daddy was quite the basketball star and she already has alot of size and skill at such a young age.

Well....that tells me who you are talking about and Ive never seen her play basketball, only rec volleyball.

There is a sophomore girl at William Monroe High School in Stanardsville, VA who scored her 1000 point last night in only her 39th game.  She is the number one Sophomore in the country.  Gino attends her games fairly regularly...as does all the big shots in the women's game.   I am not much for watching girls basketball but have seen her twice and she is something to watch...Samantha Brunelle.