Far SWVA players going next level..

GoBearsGo

Cole is a good size kid with decent speed. Tech is talking about tight end or H back (if that's a correct position). He was 2nd team all state QB so he's no average Joe. Good talent who could easily carry another 40 to 50 lbs. Don't count this kid out just yet.

Cole is a good size kid with decent speed. Tech is talking about tight end or H back (if that's a correct position). He was 2nd team all state QB so he's no average Joe. Good talent who could easily carry another 40 to 50 lbs. Don't count this kid out just yet.

That's what I'm saying. Blaker has the height and athletic ability, he just needs some weight and coaching. He may never step on the field but counting him out already because he's a walk on seems a little harsh coming from the fan base of a school that had a former walk on named second team all-American this year.

I can't imagine they would have "full" scholarships for athletics only. Kids can get everything covered between financial aid, academics and athletics but I don't think you see many if any full athletic scholarships at that level.

Really surprised Cousin did not generate significantly higher interest. UVA-Wise killing it this cycle.

UVa-Wise finally decided to invest some money into the program and it's paying off big time. Was telling a friend who works in the athletics department up there, I seriously believe both kids will see the field (may be a couple years for Sturgill, Cavs return a good youngster at QB) but I really believe Cousin will end up being an EXCELLENT runner for the Highland Cavaliers.

Union's Fannon to Concord per Allan Gregory on Twitter

UVa-Wise wanted him bad, I think that would have been a better spot, in state tuition and a team on the upswing. But good for Fannon and I wish him the best at wherever he plays.

Concord > UVA-W.

Don't be so sure, it depends on who Concord hires. Not to mention he could be in the mix for playing time early at Wise, plus it's in state. I hope he succeeds anywhere, I just like seeing local kids play close.

Concord was 2-9 last season and lost to Wise by 11 points. The Cavs went 6-5. Honestly should've been 7-4, they blew the Charleston game. The only bad losses were top five Shepard and top 25 Fairmont.

UVA-W beat Concord 30-19 this past season...

I was just going by the past several years a a whole. I also didn't realize their coach left. Wise may be the better choice at this point. Who know. 

I was just going by the past several years a a whole. I also didn't realize their coach left. Wise may be the better choice at this point. Who know.

Funny story about when he left Concorf for FAU- I was in Athens for work and that morning I read an article saying that Justice had left on a plane the night before to finalize his contract with FAU. Well by chance I was meeting that day with a concord player and I asked him who he thought might be their next coach. I was surprised to find out he hadn't heard the news. He started calling around to other players and none of them knew he had left lol I felt 50% awkward and 50% like Adam Schefter.

At least Kiffin is keeping him on the staff. I'd say he was nervous when he heard he got the job.