Gate City @ Union (2/7)

Leatherhead Larry

FWIW.....Just now seen that JMU Convocation Center will be hosting the state quarter and semi games. The only games held this year at the Siegel Center will be the state championships. I may be late to the party....But this was the first I had heard of the news.

FWIW.....Just now seen that JMU Convocation Center will be hosting the state quarter and semi games. The only games held this year at the Siegel Center will be the state championships. I may be late to the party....But this was the first I had heard of the news.

Pretty sure I posted the article from the Roanoke Times that talked about that before the season even started.  Yeah, it looks like that will be the case for the forseeable future with 1A alternating between Virginia High and UVa-Wise.

Pretty sure I posted the article from the Roanoke Times that talked about that before the season even started.  Yeah, it looks like that will be the case for the forseeable future with 1A alternating between Virginia High and UVa-Wise.

Wrong. There are a handful of sites the state is using to host the 1A Quarters/Semis. UVAW is not ever going to host 1A basketball... only 2A. 

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/bkb-2017-state-basketball-tournament-format.pdf

How exciting for SWVA basketball to have this kind of buzz about this game. I would not have done it, but kudos to Union for doing it. UVA-Wise is a great place to play this game. Very special for the kids on both teams and exciting for the fans. Cant wait.

I got stuck at work and will be working a 16 hr shift.....So I won't be able to make this one like I had planned. I know it will be intense and most of you guys that are there won't be on here.....But if one of you would be so kind to post an occasional update I would appreciate it.

I got stuck at work and will be working a 16 hr shift.....So I won't be able to make this one like I had planned. I know it will be intense and most of you guys that are there won't be on here.....But if one of you would be so kind to post an occasional update I would appreciate it.

Can't make any promises but I'll see what I can do. I usually forget and get caught up in the game. I've been known to forget to call someone at halftime on more than a few accounts.

Well I know how it goes. I tried to give updates the last time these two played and it was so crowded it evidently messed up my signal with my phone so I wasn't able to post much of an update anyhow. Maybe an update or two during timeouts would suffice. Just as long as I don't have to wait til the end of the qtr to know what the score is....I'll go nuts at work not knowing how its going for 8 mins at a time.

Twitter is your friend.  @bluedevilslive is usually good at posting updates.

Twitter usually works great ....But when it's a pretty good game you can tell whoever is updating the Twitter account also gets sucked into the game and doesn't update as much. Which I understand...Id be the same way I'm sure.

Not all Twitter accounts are like that. ;)

Well when your playing the Schools of the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind and winning by 50+ pts I guess it's easier to not forget. ;)

I kid I kid....Just rustling jimmies.

HAHAHHAHA!!!!! 

Well when your playing the Schools of the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind and winning by 50+ pts I guess it's easier to not forget. ;)

I kid I kid....Just rustling jimmies.

Well it's not like our conference is the ACC with Lee, Ridgeview, Lebanon and a nosedive Central team but it's much better top to bottom than C39 or SEC. It's basically Richlands, Graham and no one else lol. Has Tazwell won any games at all this season? At least Lee and RV have won a couple games, Lee beat a good Burton team that took Richlands to the wire.

There's not really a powerhouse in SWVA at all....Just a couple teams in each one that are head and shoulders better than the rest. I would give the MD the nod though for the fact they have John Battle plus Union and GC. The MD is far from being a gauntlet though....There's no question.

Again, I was just plucking Ryan's feathers. Trying to get a few fun jabs in before I have to sit at work tensed up wondering what the score is tonight.