Richlands @ Graham

Ryan4VT

I hate to burst everyone's bubble from Richlands but I came down from Tech with a friend of mine to watch this much talked about matchup with him.

I am from the New River Valley and have never seen a Richlands Graham game

Here were my takes on it:

1. Graham would beat Richlands right now 15 out of 20 times. The other five times they would be resting their best players.

2. Graham has the best student body this side of Roanoke. I always thought the George Wythe "Soldiers" were the best. Not anymore.

3. The PG who had outscored Richlands by himself in the 4th qtr is hard to handle and may be bad news for anyone in the postseason. And from what the PA guy said he is a junior. Wow!

4. Richlands if they are good and if they have a dream team they played like a nightmare. I hope I never have a dream like that in my life. Just give the tourney championship to Graham. They are the best team by far.

5. The Graham beardown will continue into.the future. The JV team came back to beat Richlands in OT. Richlands should have won that one too. Graham is stacked for the future.

Not sure they could hang with Martinsville but all the other teams in the West better watch out. Even the much hyped Gate City and this Union team you talk of. If Union has any inside game at all and a good guard? Union would beat Richlands by 30. Richlands is not very good.

These are just my takes.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble from Richlands but I came down from Tech with a friend of mine to watch this much talked about matchup with him.

I am from the New River Valley and have never seen a Richlands Graham game

Here were my takes on it:

1. Graham would beat Richlands right now 15 out of 20 times. The other five times they would be resting their best players.

2. Graham has the best student body this side of Roanoke. I always thought the George Wythe "Soldiers" were the best. Not anymore.

3. The PG who had outscored Richlands by himself in the 4th qtr is hard to handle and may be bad news for anyone in the postseason. And from what the PA guy said he is a junior. Wow!

4. Richlands if they are good and if they have a dream team they played like a nightmare. I hope I never have a dream like that in my life. Just give the tourney championship to Graham. They are the best team by far.

5. The Graham beardown will continue into.the future. The JV team came back to beat Richlands in OT. Richlands should have won that one too. Graham is stacked for the future.

Not sure they could hang with Martinsville but all the other teams in the West better watch out. Even the much hyped Gate City and this Union team you talk of. If Union has any inside game at all and a good guard? Union would beat Richlands by 30. Richlands is not very good.

These are just my takes.

You watched ONE game in which Richlands played terribly. You can't make those grandiose statements from ONE single game. 

Ryan, Don't let the Troll....Troll you.

There are obvious trolls out there. But I think this guy actually believes what he is saying. He's also from Raddy, and has a major bias towards those teams in that area. 

You watched ONE game in which Richlands played terribly. You can't make those grandiose statements from ONE single game. 

And don't make comments that Richlands is better than Graham based on the game at Richlands...Graham played terribly and you can't make those grandiose statements from ONE single game...

image.png

I've been around several Richlands' parents/fans today and they are all still in shock at the outcome of last Friday's game...they just knew for certain they would win that one too...

And don't make comments that Richlands is better than Graham based on the game at Richlands...Graham played terribly and you can't make those grandiose statements from ONE single game...

image.png

I never said Richlands was better than Graham based on that game. I feel that the two are pretty even. Their styles contrast one another, similar to VT/lolUVA. And home court is king between the two. 

Don't put words in my mouf. ;)

I definitely wasn't shocked that Graham won but was shocked as to how poorly Richlands played!!  Richlands and Graham are evenly matched for the most part.  Richlands definitely has a hard time handling Martin though.  He is a good ball player. 

5 Grown men playing 9th, 10th and eleventh graders, even?  Shouldn't be evenly matched but I guess your right.  I've talk to a parent and several basketball heads from Graham and you better bet an eagle eye is going to be on the flagrant fouls on Martin,  if Richlands makes it to the championship game. 

I've been around several Richlands' parents/fans today and they are all still in shock at the outcome of last Friday's game...they just knew for certain they would win that one too...

I had a couple tell me that they would beat Graham by 30 before the game and I just bit my lip.  Graham whipped their senior laden team with freshmen, sophomores and juniors....

As for the first game, Graham was impatient and took jump shots, rather than being patient and waiting until something came open.  

5 Grown men playing 9th, 10th and eleventh graders, even?  Shouldn't be evenly matched but I guess your right.  I've talk to a parent and several basketball heads from Graham and you better bet an eagle eye is going to be on the flagrant fouls on Martin,  if Richlands makes it to the championship game. 

They should be.  In both contests he was fouled very hard and intentionally.  In the first contest, it was right out of the gate when the 2nd half started.  Carlock was irate in the last game over it and he should have been.  I could not believe that the kid was not ejected or not even called for an intentional foul.  I'm starting to wonder if the kids were told to foul him hard in the locker room.  Very disappointed in how those situations were handled, no message was sent to those kids who made those fouls.

It's not your child Ryan4VT or you would not be laughing so hard. I 'd be ashamed of myself if I was you.

Taylor Horn, a 16 year old sophomore, was the player who committed the foul. That's not an adult. Nor was it called a flagrant foul on the court (that is debatable, but I still haven't seen it so I won't rule in on it).

Ryan4VT all I know is what you tell me, and you told me over in the SEC thread that you didn't see it, that you was tweeting on twitter when it happened and all you saw was the reactions of everyone and that you got off your tweeter and ask your brother what happened and your brother told you it was a flagrant foul and that you took your brothers word for it.  Now which is it?  Who is trolling who here? 

Ryan4VT all I know is what you tell me, and you told me over in the SEC thread that you didn't see it, that you was tweeting on twitter when it happened and all you saw was the reactions of everyone and that you got off your tweeter and ask your brother what happened and your brother told you it was a flagrant foul and that you took your brothers word for it.  Now which is it?  Who is trolling who here? 

John-Wall-Meme.jpg

The first hard foul on Martin that happened in the first game at Richlands right after the halftime talk, was committed by one of the adult men players from Richlands .  The Radio announcer described it as , "Martin was clobbered, and went hard to the ground."  Very suspicious behavior for Martin to be taking these hard fouls when he scored 32 at Richlands and 34 last Friday.  The final score between the entire Richlands team and Martin the last game was Richlands 39 - Martin 34.  When Carlock took Martin out of the game it was Richlands 34 - Martin 34. 

How old are these "adults" you speak of? Do you have any proof?

Also, hard fouls happen. If you don't want hit, don't go into the paint and then cry about it?

Don't tell the GC folks that.

Has 2017 been the year of the hard fouls?