Richlands @ Graham

Ryan4VT

53-39. Martin had 35 for Graham.

The SEC tournament starts Thursday I believe. Richlands and Graham will be the two to advance to the final. Richlands vs. Graham pt. 3.

But they have to win games in order to play again right?

I don't keep up with basketball that much since we suck every year lol

53-39. Martin had 35 for Graham.

The SEC tournament starts Thursday I believe. Richlands and Graham will be the two to advance to the final. Richlands vs. Graham pt. 3.

But they have to win games in order to play again right?

I don't keep up with basketball that much since we suck every year lol

Yes and I would say that Ryan is 99% right, but I'll laugh my ass off if one of them gets upset before the SEC tournament final.

Virginia High went undefeated in SEC girls, but who finished second?

Pretty certain he's said a few times he's not a Richlands fan. Could be confusing him with someone else, but I don't think he's from Richlands.

I'm not sure, I was just saying assuming Union advanced to the regions, that Richlands will win with absolute certainty and Ball would "own" Mitchell is certainly taking a leap. Union had a bad forth quarter against GC, but GC never beat Union by more than 15 (maybe 16) points and the first game was tight and the second, GC didn't pull away till the fourth. If GC is truly a title contender, there's nothing to be shamed with losing to them. Union has only lost to GC since before Christmas. I'm not sure they will advance to regional play (a 2/3 game with Wise or Battle won't be easy, JSB has one helluva scorer and Wise as you know will be physical and likely chippy), but Union won't be an easy out if Richlands hosts them.

The only common denominator we have is the UVAW tourney that Union won. Richlands is better than they showed at Wise, but Union has only gotten better as the season has went on.

It's a young Union team, but I don't believe they are fundamentally unsound. Mitchell does usually go right, but the passing is usually good and they space the floor very well. The only player I've saw really take it to Mitchell was McClung, but being realistic no one around is even close to him.

I've only saw Richlands once and they have gotten better since Wise, but I don't think it'd be a huge shocker if Union beat them if they meet.

but I'll laugh my ass off if one of them gets upset before the SEC tournament final.

Not likely...Graham beat every team in the conference not named Richlands by an average of 32.4 pts/game and Richlands beat every team in the conference not named Graham by an average of 28.3 pts/game.

Very nice that Graham held Richlands to their lowest point output of the season at 39...18 less than their next lowest (57 v. JIB).  That's the 7th time this season that Graham has held an opponent to less than 40 points...and they've held their opponent to less than 50 points 14 times.

Graham's defense was on point tonight.  You can blame it on poor shooting if you wish, but Graham was clearly better on this night.  That's what happens when you play good defense.

Both teams should advance to the conference finals for round #3.... Tough draw for Graham in Gate City in the regionals if it plays out as it should....but this Graham team is built for the future, an abundance of youth.  Martin has been extremely impressive this season with his development from last season to this season.  That kid is one outstanding basketball player.

Graham's defense was great. Wasn't taking that from them. I was just stating that Richlands couldn't buy a shot. They hit 2 threes, missed more FT than they made, and missed countless layups and easy baskets. Part of that is Graham, obviously.

Richlands just didn't look interested to me. They didn't play defense in the first half. Didn't crash the boards. Just got outhustled.

Luke Phillips apologized on twitter after the game saying it won't happen again.

kudos to futbolking.  I should never bet against Carlock , What a great coached game by Carlock.

Carlock did an excellent job in not letting Richlands get the ball in transition.  Very good defensive effort tonight for Graham, not allowing Richlands to get in the paint and being patient on offense.

On a side note, I was very disappointed to see Martin for Graham fouled very hard in each contest by Richlands in what looked to be flagrant fouls, yet the officials failed to call the flagrant.  The one tonight could have justified an ejection in my opinion.  I may be a little biased, but there is no place for that in basketball.  

Graham's defense was great. Wasn't taking that from them. I was just stating that Richlands couldn't buy a shot. They hit 2 threes, missed more FT than they made, and missed countless layups and easy baskets. Part of that is Graham, obviously.

Richlands just didn't look interested to me. They didn't play defense in the first half. Didn't crash the boards. Just got outhustled.

Luke Phillips apologized on twitter after the game saying it won't happen again.

So now they're using Twitter?, but before the game they were not...

(just giving you a hard time... )

Graham definitely had Richlands number tonight. Martin was very impressive tonight. #14 for graham (sorry, can't remember his name) is quick and handled the ball very well. Especially when graham was running clock

Graham definitely had Richlands number tonight. Martin was very impressive tonight. #14 for graham (sorry, can't remember his name) is quick and handled the ball very well. Especially when graham was running clock

#14 is my nephew, Drew Baker.

Goes to show you Richlands has absolutely nothing when cold from 3-land, as I expected. If you're going to beat Union you better score more than 39. Union is a solid team, GC just has their number and will see them for the 3rd time in the CMC Championship Friday in another dandy. But I wouldn't be surprised if Union "upset" Richlands the following week.

Graham's defense was on point tonight.  You can blame it on poor shooting if you wish, but Graham was clearly better on this night.  That's what happens when you play good defense.

This...

Since Richlands is so great, something had to happen to cause some of those misses...

Just wondering, why didn't Richlands and Union play in the regular season this year?

Because Richlands wanted to play a "cupcake" schedule to make them look better than they are...

Enjoy G-men, Richlands will win the tournament next week and beat Union on February 21 at 8pm, sorry Union but you will have to pull for Gate City after this game.  G-men will travel to Gate City and meet Mr. McClung and their season will be done.  Richlands and Graham game last night was meaningless, a fluke, no one lost or gained a thing. 

Goes to show you Richlands has absolutely nothing when cold from 3-land, as I expected. If you're going to beat Union you better score more than 39. Union is a solid team, GC just has their number and will see them for the 3rd time in the CMC Championship Friday in another dandy. But I wouldn't be surprised if Union "upset" Richlands the following week.

I agree.

Since Richlands is so great, something had to happen to cause some of those misses...

I literally said Graham's defense was great. I don't know what else you want me to say? I'm not gonna get on my knees for Graham or anything like that lol.

Glad there's a rubber match so we can know who was the better team this season.

Enjoy G-men, Richlands will win the tournament next week and beat Union on February 21 at 8pm, sorry Union but you will have to pull for Gate City after this game. G-men will travel to Gate City and meet Mr. McClung and their season will be done. Richlands and Graham game last night was meaningless, a fluke, no one lost or gained a thing.

There's not 1 single Richlands fan who has said anything like this about Graham or Union. Stop trying to give the other team locker room material.

I think most Richlands fan realize what kind of challenge Union poses....They are solid. If the matchup does happen, I feel Richlands would need to take 20-25 shots from deep and connect on at least 40% if not 50-60% of them to beat Union. And with the defense the Bears play that's a tall order. Union's a physical team with Slagle and Mitchell...They are hard to deal with. I could be way off with this and it won't be the first or last time if I am. Richlands could thump them I suppose....But I just don't see it happening without a miraculous performance from the Arc.

Enjoy G-men, Richlands will win the tournament next week and beat Union on February 21 at 8pm, sorry Union but you will have to pull for Gate City after this game. G-men will travel to Gate City and meet Mr. McClung and their season will be done. Richlands and Graham game last night was meaningless, a fluke, no one lost or gained a thing.

They make medicine to regulate these mood swings, Milo.