SEC Tournament.

Ryan4VT

The outcome of this game still suprises the hell out of me. Graham laid two grown man whippings on VHS. Didn't think VHS should be within 25 pts of RHS even though RHS only beat them by 12 and 16 pts through the regular season.

The Tornadoes better tighten up for their matchup with Union. If those guys decide to show up, unlike how they played against Central, then it could be a very long night.

I was at the RHS/VHS game last night.  VHS earned that win.  Richlands played pretty well in the first half.  If they would have stuck to high post action more with Ball and not relied on the 3 so much, they very likely would have won the game.  But give VHS credit, they had a good game plan.   They played their version of the "twin towers" and were much more physical than RHS inside.  They were hitting their 3's in the 2nd half as well.  I would say VHS hit 8 3's or so in the 2nd half.

To answer Hackers question.....As a Richlands fan, I am concerned going into Tuesday nights regional game against Union.  If we don't play with more urgency, RHS will very likely remain 0 for whatever in Regional play!! 

My opinion... Richlands' schedule comes into play. Once they beat Graham at home they went on mental coast mode. No other game really mattered to them. That is what most Richlands fans are banking on and saying to themselves... "well we still host a game in region". Richlands has not been truly "tested" since the UVAW tournament besides Graham. Tight wins against Va High and Twin Valley at the end of the season was not promising for them. Tack on the loss at Graham and then to VHS @ Graham and you have the make up of a bad situation for Tuesday. Not saying Graham had a tougher schedule but they seemed to get better as the season progressed palying probably their best basketball. While Richlands seemed to be clicking mostly on all cylinders early in season to be fizzling out here lately.  

All things aside, Richlands will be geared up for Tuesday. They probably got caught looking ahead to Graham Saturday or maybe even Union Tuesday. Union playing some solid ball as of late. If Union comes into GC tonight and somehow pulls off a win or stays within 5 points then I give the notch to Union to knock of Richlands @ Richlands Tuesday. 

Dick and mv91 often you'd want to have more than one statement to be executed conditionally, of course, there's no need to wrap each statement with an "if" clause.  Game is forgotten.  Richlands wins by 23.

Trust me, I would love to see Richlands win by 23 but I believe this game will be close.  5-7 points either way.  I have seen all but about 4-5 of Richlands games and have not seen Union one time.  However, Union playing Gate City tough both games leads me to believe that Richlands will not beat Union by 23. 

If they do, all hail your mighty predicting powers lol

I have seen Union and I seen Gate City.  Gate City could have won by ever how much they wanted to at UVA wise.  I hope you get a chance to watch Mac from Gate City.  A very special player.  Union is lazy.  I watched Mitchell in football , he is very fast when he wants to be.  He never goes left in basketball and his dribbling is not great and he jogs up and down the court.  Just seems to not like the game.  Slagle won't be enough.  Ball will own them both.  mv91, I want to ask you one question.  You said you was at the game last night and I know you know this team well.  Do you think JV players will play Tuesday night and three other players who played last night.  Now I will agree those players tried their best while they was in there last night but I don't see them getting playing time Tuesday.  And one good thing for Richlands .....Is that Union can't play them man to man like Graham did.  Union is one of the slowest teams I've watched.  #11 is really good when he gets to play but he don't start.  Their coach suffers too.  I am already celebrating the first Region win for RHS.  I want to see those guys get it.

There was only one JV call up that played last night and that was for about 1 minute of playing time.  The other 2 JV call ups did not see the floor at all.  The 3 players you mention are part of their normal rotation.  Last few games, Richlands has not subbed 5 in 5 out like they had most of the season.  Seems that they are playing an 8 man rotation for the playoffs.

Fair enough mv91.  Still I don't see one JV player getting time Tuesday or any one but the starters and the brothers barring foul trouble.  Good luck to 22!

He is my second favorite player in the area very exciting. . If given the chance he could be a Mac but he has been held down.  Good luck mv91!  If 22 is on and they will turn him loose Tuesday , I have no worries about my prediction.