NET preconsolidation

redtiger

So consolidation, well further consolidation, is happening in Sullivan County and I started thinking about what consolidation has already taken place in Sullivan and NET in general. As with my thread on consolidation in SWVA I'm looking for what schools went into the current schools and what the colors and mascots of those schools were. I'm really just interested in the counties bordering VA but if you've got info on other counties feel free to add anything.

If I'm wrong about anything feel free to correct me. Thanks for any and all help

Sullivan County

Central Cougars Orange
- Blountville Tigers

East Patriots Navy, Red
- Bluff City
- Mary Hughes
- Holston Valley

North Raiders Black, Gold
- Lynn View
- Ketron

South Rebels Powder Blue, Red, Silver, Navy
- Sullivan Pirates

Hawkins County

Cherokee Chiefs Red, Black
- Rogersville Warriors
- Bulls Gap Bulldogs Orange, Black

Volunteer Falcons Blue, Orange
- Church Hill

- Surgoinsville Eagles

Clinch Wildcats Blue, Gold

Johnson County
Johnson County Longhorns Maroon

Hancock County
Hancock County Indians Blue, Gold

Greene County

North Huskies Green Grey
-West Pines Panthers Black, Gold
- Ottoway Eagles Red
- Baileyton Dragons Blue, Gold

Chuckey - Doak Knights Black, Gold

South Rebels Burgandy

West Buffalos Navy, Gold
- Mosheim Indians Purple
- McDonald
- Warrensburg
- Glenwood

Unicoi County
Unicoi County Blue Devils Blue

Carter County

Unaka Rangers Maroon
Happy Valley Warriors Maroon
Cloudland Highlanders Navy Gold
Hampton Bulldogs Blue

Washington County

Daniel Boone Trailblazers Red, Gold
David Crockett Pioneers Brown, Gold

Hamblen County

Morristown East Hurricanes Black, Orange
Morristown West Trojans Burgundy

Claiborne County

Claiborne Bulldogs Navy

Cumberland Gap Panthers Light Blue, Black

- Forge Ridge Dragons Green

- Powell Valley Indians Orange

Lynn View and Ketron make up North. You can also add Surgoinsville with Church Hill for Volunteer. Also, South has changed it's colors recently to a light blue/navy blue combo. Personally, I thought the older colors looked better.

There is talk of consolidation in Carter County, Elizabethton is an independent school system and Unaka, Cloudland, Hampton, and Happy Valley are county schools. The combined Carter Co. system of those four school is around 1500. The Sullivan County consolidation is now rolling along full speed ahead, there is suppose to be a name for the new school released soon. Carter Co and Greene County are  the only two school systems in Northeast Tennessee that haven't had some form of consolidation. 6A is going to be a hard place for Sullivan County to live in football. South and Central both are in the crapper and North doesn't offer to much help, it is going to be a long hard slog out od mediocrity in football.

One of the Sullivan County schools was the Grizzlies I believe, just not sure which one.

What schools are going into the Sullivan Co consolidation?

Consolidation in Carter and Greene makes sense, most of their schools are smaller although West and Chuckey-Doak in Greene Co are pretty big(enrollments in the 700s). I wonder what the enrollment of the Greene Co schools was when they were formed?

The Sullivan County High School will be made up of North, South and most of the Central students. East will get about 30% of the Central students and a new high school later. The North agreement was approved by Kingsport BOE last week and is a done deal. The location for the new Sullivan School will be above the Second Harvest Warehouse where Sam's Club used to be. They are trying now to get Connector roads built so that the students don't have to travel I-81.

Grainger high school is a new version of Rutledge in grainger County. It pulls from joppa, bean station mostly, basically anything down 11e, dixieland delight road.

It was built and finished the fall of 2009. Dated a girl from there who was the last group of Rutledge pioneers

It is one of two school in Grainger. Washburn being the other.

What formed it, I can't remember, but if I was guessing bean station and Rutledge,but Rutledge served as that side of county's hs for many many years. Don't quote me on that, we are talking like 20 30s ish

Hancock county Indians blue gold

http://www.hancockcountyschools.com

Also Hawkins county has a small school much like Council, call clinch that is extremely "mountain" locked that they won't consolidate yet. But it will.

Hawkins county

Clinch wildcats Red black

Here is their coacht

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=78&sportid=3

Can't believe I forgot about Clinch, I know a girl that worked there for a few years. Clinch uses blue and gold.

What exactly is the deal with Morristown and Hamblen? I've heard of Morristown East and Morristown West but I'm seeing Morristown Hamblen East and Morristown Hambken West. Are the school systems merging new or has it been like that awhile? What was the setup before?

Unicom was originally Unicoi and Erwin I assume?

Alright I got my facts straight from my mother, she is from and educated at hancock co, hancock county high is and has always been the ONLY high school in the county, with emphasis. They are the Indians

Clinch is also blue and white not red and black.

Alright I got my facts straight from my mother, she is from and educated at hancock co, hancock county high is and has always been the ONLY high school in the county, with emphasis. They are the Indians

Clinch is also blue and white not red and black.

Clinch is actually part of Hawkins County.

Clinch is actually part of Hawkins County.

got you covered 2 posts before :) and hancock is the Indians not the hornet from lewisberg ky,

also another bordering county is Clairborne which has the tazewell bulldogs and the consolidated school of cumberland gap, who is made up of the forge Ridge dragons green and white and powell valley indians orange

Clairborne

Tazewell bulldogs navy

Cumberland gap Panthers - light blue black

-Forge Ridge Dragons green

-Powell Valley Indians orange

Which one was the Bulldogs?

Bulls Gap HS were the Bulldogs. I couldn't remember their colors, but I looked up to see if they still had a middle school in BG, and sure enough, they are the Bulldogs and the colors are orange, black & white. 

Any clue on Church Hills info?

GC Quincy, I too liked the powder blue/silver combo. Seems like all schools that use powder blue use Navy too, be original!

Some thoughts,

Enough with Bears teams being Navy/Orange (Union, Bland, Grainger). Be original people.

Also, Indians or some variation(Chiefs, Warriors) were INCREDIBLY popular mascots in this area. Pocahontas, Whitewood, Rural Retreat, Chilhowie, Shawsville, JJ Kelly, Hillsville, and Blacksburg in VA. Powell Valley, Rogersville, Hancock, Mosheim, Happy Valley and Dobbyns Bennett in TN and were not done with TN yet. Who knows how many schools used that mascot. I admit its a awesome mascot but my goodness, wheres the originality?