Mac McClung

5 hours ago, EH31 said:

Probably. But Rutgers does wear Addidas and was having their best recruiting class in years... hmmmm

He might have snagged some more attention since the dunk that went viral. 

Probably a bigger name came calling. 

I understand that someone else has probably came calling......but the incoming class for Rutgers was looking impressive.  I actually thought he might stick with the pledge and try to play for a team that's on the rise and be a big part of helping put them on the map. 

1 hour ago, RiverRat24 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LenMcClung/status/916843462129078272/photo/1

I think this pretty much answers the questions to Macs decommittment.

Georgetown hasn't been "Georgetown" in a solid decade, and it remains to be seen if Ewing is a better college coach than the mediocre pro coach he was.  Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how his skill set would translate there.

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Georgetown hasn't been "Georgetown" in a solid decade, and it remains to be seen if Ewing is a better college coach than the mediocre pro coach he was.  Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how his skill set would translate there.

Ive never proclaimed that they were the Georgetown of old and they arent....but it's still a big time offer nonetheless.   I'm not sold at all that Ewing will be successful and I myself believe I would have taken the staff at RU over Georgetown if I was the one choosing....but that's me. I feel like Pikiell would ultimately be the better coach for McClung in the long run to help develop him.  I also find it strange that Mac was sold on RU and then he went and visited in Jersey for the MidKnight Madness and then shortly after decommitted.

It's hard to tell what even happened on his trip. It's possible that Mac thought he was gonna get to play immediately and after he visited recently they told him that they wanted him to redshirt and he wasn't having it.  Or it's possible they purposely pushed him away by telling him that just to get him to decommit to open up another scholarship for a 4 or 5 type player which they need more than a PG. Or it could be nothing more than Mac just wants to go somewhere else and he's hearing from other schools so he backed off his pledge.  There may be other schools aside from the Hoyas that are making a push....but that was crazy timing for him to decommit and then the next day Ewing and the whole crew to come to Macs home.   I'm obviously just spit-balling here and have no clue as to what even happened....im sure it will come out in a few weeks. 

Time will tell and I wish noting but the best for Mac. Hope wherever he chooses it's the best fit for him.  

2 hours ago, RiverRat24 said:

McClung just received 2 more offers from Boston College and Seton Hall.  I think some bigger name schools that whiffed on Top 100 players will start to check out Mac.

https://mobile.twitter.com/McclungMac/status/918263022270976006/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/McclungMac/status/918262893484929024/photo/2

Everything is making a bit more sense why he de-committed. 

Congrats to the young man.  The young man has skills and a lot of these D1 schools are seeing it.  I understand him decommitting from Rutgers.  Just having Patrick Ewing coming to your house says a whole lot about their interest.  All I can say, is to do what is best for him. 

Good luck to the young man.  You have a fan here in Richlands and will be following your career.

Carter is a very nice pick up for RU.  Im sure he will be a much bigger impact player coming in that Mac would have been and you guys should be thrilled that you filled a big need.  But it seems like Macs decommittment rustled some jimmies of fans....obviously.  

I'm well aware how it works though.....its the usual college fan base reaction.  "Hes gonna be a stud and do big things and have RU rocking" while he's committed and literally a day later after he decommits "he's not impressive at all....not sure why Pikiell went after him".  It boggles the mind.

• 4 weeks later...

• 9 months later...

• 2 months later...

8 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

It was nice to get to watch him play last night.  First time I have ever been happy to be able to watch someone play on MASN (thankfully FP Santangelo doesnt call basketball games).  I guess I will get to see Mac play quite a bit on TV and didnt realize it until last night.

Fox sports plays a lot of their games on tv