Mac McClung

10 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

It was nice to get to watch him play last night.  First time I have ever been happy to be able to watch someone play on MASN (thankfully FP Santangelo doesnt call basketball games).  I guess I will get to see Mac play quite a bit on TV and didnt realize it until last night.

Dang it... I wanted to watch MM play and didn't realize the Hoyas were on MASN. I like F.P. (and the Nats), but I can see why a lot of people are not fond of him.  And, I agree, Santangelo and basketball would be a bad combo. 

Hello all you far lefts, still violating the freedom to speak because your always wrong?  You ego polishers still saying Mac is a 3 star guard?  You guys would not know basketball if it reached up bit you in the ear.  I'm banning this place again and it's been a year since I've been here and I'm already sick of it.  When Mac carry's GT in to the NCAA tourney I may come back and see if you old geezers are still violating the First  Amendment, not because someone is wrong but just because you don't know or like the truth.  This place is a democratic MOB.  #MAGA 

44 minutes ago, CariGrant said:

Hello all you far lefts, still violating the freedom to speak because your always wrong?  You ego polishers still saying Mac is a 3 star guard?  You guys would not know basketball if it reached up bit you in the ear.  I'm banning this place again and it's been a year since I've been here and I'm already sick of it.  When Mac carry's GT in to the NCAA tourney I may come back and see if you old geezers are still violating the First  Amendment, not because someone is wrong but just because you don't know or like the truth.  This place is a democratic MOB.  #MAGA 

Ummm....I've yet to see anyone on this board who isn't pumped for Mac? I think we are all hoping he helps take them back to being a power...so not sure what the world you're talking about....Also, you haven't been here a year. You signed up for the board an hour ago as of this post.

Hes playing well in transition tonight but hes struggling from behind the arc and has been since the 1st game.  Needs to get his deep ball rolling.....once he does defenders will have to respect his shot and he will get plenty of opportunities to attack the rim off the dribble.

Other than the typical freshman mistakes.....they are playing well for Georgetown! 

Mac looked pretty good tonight. Once he finds his shot he will be just fine. This Freshman class could be special for G’Town. Hopefully Mac finds his shot soon. Luckily, he can drive the hole and still get double digits. Took G’town a couple of minutes to weather the storm by Illinois but they settled down. Mac was just Mac again tonight. 

Lots of freshman talent on the floor for both teams last night.   I'm wondering if added weight room time has gotten ahead of Macs shot for a little bit, but I think he will find it again.  I know he worked out hard at home and at GC but Im sure there are some differences in what they are asking him to do.  No one expects him to shoot 40% outside but he needs to be able to get it north of 30%.  

I agree that his defense has been rough.  Hes been burned bad several times on backdoor cuts and hasn't been sharp ..but to be honest for Akinjo to be touted for his defensive skills hes looked as lost as anyone on D.  I expected more from him on that end of the court.  The whole team is lacking...but I think they will tighten up. I wouldn't know first hand but i would assume adjusting to the college level of play is quite the task especially when you wasnt asked to play top notch D in high school.

I think his deep ball will start to fall once he makes a few and gets back his confidence.  Once he starts hitting his mid range jumper the rest will follow suit.  

Playing defense in major college basketball is almost always the last thing a freshman grasps.  It's hard to comprehend the level of energy needed to be a solid defender at that level.  I don't question whether he can become a solid defender.  I question whether he wants to become a solid defender.  For that, we will just have to wait and see.

He was always going to score the basketball.  His jumpshot will improve as he gets used to playing against max-effort defenders.  He is rushing his jumpshots a bit as a result. 

On 11/14/2018 at 6:39 PM, UVAObserver said:

I’m much more concerned with his defense, which has fluctuated between “lost” and “non-existent” in his first games.

Yeah his defense did look bad versus illinois, I seen him get burnt on a couple back doors but I think he just needs time to get caught up to the speed of D1 ball.

20 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah his defense did look bad versus illinois, I seen him get burnt on a couple back doors but I think he just needs time to get caught up to the speed of D1 ball.

I’m hopeful that it’s just a matter of acclimating to major D1 hoops.  He’s got all the physical talent needed to succeed there should he apply himself to defense.

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’m hopeful that it’s just a matter of acclimating to major D1 hoops.  He’s got all the physical talent needed to succeed there should he apply himself to defense.

He'll be fine, reminds me a little of Grayson Allen from Duke it took him a little while his freshman year and then it just clicked (minus the tripping incidents).

2 minutes ago, mv91 said:

I am looking forward to following him to see how he progresses throughout the year and beyond.  Lots of potential and Bomani Jones on ESPN sure likes him lol.

The guys on foxsports seemed to like him also.  His class has a chance to be really special if they stay together.