Mac McClung

On 1/28/2019 at 12:27 PM, UVAObserver said:

Very odd year for the Big East.  You have no great teams, and just 2 solid teams (Marquette, Villanova).  The rest of that conference is a slog of mediocrity (every team from 3rd to last has exactly 3 Ws in the W column).  It’s not unrealistic that just 2 teams from the Big East make the NCAAs if all 8 teams from 3rd-10th keep beating up on each other.  I say that to say this: I couldn’t think of a better situation for a talented, but raw, kid to land if said kid were to play in a major conference. 

His offense has been legitimate on a major D1 level, and he deserves all the credit for that.  Defense is still poor at best, but that’s also a team-wide affliction, and why Georgetown is sub-100 in the NET.  

I’m happy that he’s succeeding thus far at this level; it exceeded my expectations.  I do hope that he turns some attention to defense.  That’s the difference in playing professionally stateside and playing professionally in a country that doesn’t speak English.

I wish him the best.

I think he's playing much better defense compared to the beginning of the season.  There has been a few times his man has tried to drive and he was able to stay in front and force a tough shot.  He's got some room to improve but he's not the liability I believe he was at the start.

13 hours ago, Bearcat Bob said:

"The Jerry West logo must go and give Jordon, Lebron and maybe Mac the logo, the real players."

Bowalker...Did you just compare McClung to Jerry West, Michael Jordan and LeBron James?!?  I know it is cold outside but WTF?!?

Only to James and Jordon,  He was better than West in 10th grade.

32 minutes ago, Bowalker said:

Only to James and Jordon,  He was better than West in 10th grade.

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH

I'm a huge Mac fan, but he's NOT on that level. That's just ludicrous.

18 hours ago, RiverRat24 said:

Sweet jeebus!  Im really not sure if Ol' Bo is being serious with these claims or not......its troubling haha    I'd like to think he's just having fun but I got that screwy feeling in my gut..... hes all in.  

Well that’s his 5th or 6th screen name. 

4 hours ago, honestjohn said:

You should take your Ball and go home !!!!!

John, I've put up with enough of that guys BS.  He has gotten the boot for other things and continues to create new names...this was his 8th for everyone at home keeping score.  I'll continue to pull the plug on that joker as long as I continue to pay the bills around here.  If you have a problem with that, then I suggest you show yourself the door.

4 hours ago, GMan said:

John, I've put up with enough of that guys BS.  He has gotten the boot for other things and continues to create new names...this was his 8th for everyone at home keeping score.  I'll continue to pull the plug on that joker as long as I continue to pay the bills around here.  If you have a problem with that, then I suggest you show yourself the door.

😭

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Hearing things aren't all sugar plums and fairy tales in DC...wouldn't be surprised if someone goes elsewhere...hard to be the superstar when the other superstar won't pass you the ball...

Regardless, someone might end up getting a fine ball player via "free agency"...

Ray Charles could see that the one player in question wont look the others way.....at all.  And he starts playing hero ball and trying to catch up in the points column near the end of the game if the other superstar is ahead of him in pts total....no matter if the game is still in question or not.  It's been blatantly obvious all year long.   The chemistry between other players is there.....just not with the one that has the little man syndrome.  

I would say you are right.  Hope if he leaves he makes the best decision possible for his future. 

On 3/18/2019 at 11:09 AM, GMan said:

Hearing things aren't all sugar plums and fairy tales in DC...wouldn't be surprised if someone goes elsewhere...hard to be the superstar when the other superstar won't pass you the ball...

Regardless, someone might end up getting a fine ball player via "free agency"...

Have you got a pretty reliable source?  I had heard something of the sorts myself but it wasnt from a trusted source yet.  

Them first round upsets seem to be a bugaboo for the local fanbase around here....whether its in the NIT to the SuperNerds or a 1 seed to a 16th seed in the big dance.  

All poking aside....the tension between these two guys could be cut with a knife.  Be interesting to see if either of them do any shopping around.  It looks as if the chemistry is good with the rest of the players for both of these guys.  It's one another that they struggle with. 

On 3/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, RiverRat24 said:

Have you got a pretty reliable source?  I had heard something of the sorts myself but it wasnt from a trusted source yet.  

Will be a trusted source if it happens...but I typically trust my sources...

I might be naive, but watching the game last night, was it me or did one guard appear to go out of his way to not pass the ball to Mac?  He was right there.  wide open.  But nope, gonna try and force a bad pass into the lane in a bad situation and bang, turnover.  It seemed like this kind of thing was happening possession after possession all night.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Heck i was rooting for the Hoyas because a SWVA boy plays there.

I have become a Georgetown fan just because of Mac and it has been obvious the several games that that I have watched that Akinjo will not pass the ball to Mac.  I truly believe Mac would make a better PG than Akinjo anyway.  Mac has shown he can pass!!  His relentless driving to the basket opens up someone most times he drives and has shown he can finish or get to the line.  Wish Mac the best no matter what he decides.