James Mitchell invited to UA All-American camp...

GMan

If he goes there and does well his recruitment will blow up! What are his offers and his favorites does anyone know.

If he goes there and does well his recruitment will blow up! What are his offers and his favorites does anyone know.

I mean Clemson, Miami, Ole Miss, UT, VT has already offered. He is a 4 star recruit... I feel like he has "blown" up. 

I get what you mean though. He could up his stock where everyone will basically want him. 

So happy to hear this for the young man !  A great chance to get even better exposure for him !  I hope he does well and increases his choices for his future !  The kids in our area just are not able to get the same type of exposure that kids from out east are able to get.  I know from experience.  When I played in Md we had the Baltimore Sun and a couple of other local papers covering our area besides the TV networks from Baltimore.

I know when I moved here there were some kids here ( and I don't mean just from Richlands, I'm talking about all of SWVA )  that were just as talented and in some cases maybe more as some of the kids I played with up there,  but just were not getting the looks that the kids in Aberdeen and surrounding towns up there were able to get.

We do get kids going to some D1 programs,  but they have to be exceptional.  I mean all kids that go to D1 are exceptional players don't get me wrong,  but ours just do not have the same opportunities as others that are out east or around big city type of areas.  The level of competition here is just not as respected as it is from other areas,  even though we have had our share of state champions. 

Of course it's just my opinion. 

Again Good Luck to the young man,  I wish him the best !

Kid is about as blown up as it gets on the recruiting trail. When your a Top 250 player in the country...It doesn't get much better than that. He could increase his stock at some camps and maybe make a big jump and try to get into the Top 100. But even if he doesn't get another offer he's still Top 10 Tight End for the Class of 2018...That's very impressive.

Congrats to Mitchell and I hope he excels wherever he decides to play. Hope ND offers and he chooses the Irish though. Aside from their awful season last year....They do happen to be "Tight End U" as of the past 10 years and their 2018 class so far is stacked with big time players.

I read a story about him on 247 that Tennessee far exceeded his expectations at their junior day. He seemed pretty blown away by his visit they said that it was his first visit to Knoxville and was looking forward to a return visit.

I've thought VT was the leader for some time now, they said he could play TE and Tech uses their TEs a lot in creative ways.

But, when SEC schools and top 15 programs come calling, especially places like UT, Clemson, and some others, I think it's wide open.

Tennessee is an impressive place, excellent facilities.

How Fuente and VT use their TEs fits his skill set very, VERY well. He grew up a VT fan.

Clemson is the defending national champion.

The kids gonna end up in a really good situation no matter where he goes... as long as it isint UT

I'd take Ball of Richlands over him any day of the week.

As a WR at their current schools? Sure, Union uses Mitchell as a WR more often but he's really a TE. Richlands system also features receivers more, Union deep down wants to line up in the T and run the ball 50 times a game.

Put Mitchell in a pass happy offense that lines him up as a TE and he'd really show why he's a 4*