James Mitchell invited to UA All-American camp...

GMan

Bingo GMan.  Grades are an issue.  Both will have to go to a program with a prominent (IEP) program and the best in the nation at a D1 level is Marshall,  I think they actually hold your hand from class to class.

One thing I can spot and it is lazy, you can have the body , the talent and the talk but if your lazy , your just lazy it's in the DNA . It's hard being right all the time.

I mean, these scouts have seen him traveling the country on visits and working out at camps and combines but "you are always right", I'm sure Mitchell is very lazy. He's just been lucky enough to grow up in the Division 1 hotbed that we know as BSG. Some kids just have all the luck.

Bingo GMan. Grades are an issue. Both will have to go to a program with a prominent (IEP) program and the best in the nation at a D1 level is Marshall, I think they actually hold your hand from class to class.

But the problem with this is that Marshall is a Division 1 program. They don't recruit you for your bad grades, they recruit you for your projected athletic ability as to how you could help them compete against other Division 1 programs. That rules one of them out.

EH  it's mostly all video footage , there are 10 things they look at when recruiting , it's a pretty simple process.  Grades #1 now , wing span, bench press etc... you have to meet 7 of those 10 or your thrown out.  If you think for one minute their following the likes of Mitchell around to every event he participates in, your wrong. they are busy out east watching 4A 5A and 6A kids.   Again much ado about nothing here , wait and see.

But the problem with this is that Marshall is a Division 1 program. They don't recruit you for your bad grades, they recruit you for your projected athletic ability as to how you could help them compete against other Division 1 programs. That rules one of them out.

Marshall proudly turns a blind eye to grades and legal issues for the sake of said projected athletic ability. In a strange way, they go seeking it. Not the way I'd run my program at all, but it has been successful for them.

Also EH graduating from schools in this area with an A average means your pretty much a C- student at most Colleges with the exception of Marshall. so unless you have college entrance scores in hand I don't know how you could rule one out as not needing IEP.

Also EH graduating from schools in this area with an A average means your pretty much a C- student at most Colleges with the exception of Marshall. so unless you have college entrance scores in hand I don't know how you could rule one out as not needing IEP.

Literally nothing in this post is correct.

city of Raven = Ad Hominem for the lack of intellect and knowledgeable information to contribute to the debate.

Wow Milo, you got one pick right and you are the end all be all of SWVA sports, congrats.

EH it's mostly all video footage , there are 10 things they look at when recruiting , it's a pretty simple process. Grades #1 now , wing span, bench press etc... you have to meet 7 of those 10 or your thrown out. If you think for one minute their following the likes of Mitchell around to every event he participates in, your wrong. they are busy out east watching 4A 5A and 6A kids. Again much ado about nothing here , wait and see.

Shoot, you refuted me so you must be right again.

I mean he did get invited to the US Army All-American combine, the Under Armour All-American Camp, & Nike Football's "The Opening".... but I'm sure you're right - D1 scouts will be too busy at a 4A school in eastern Virginia to follow James Mitchell to one of these events.

James has been offered by schools from 3 of the 5 Power 5 conferences. He holds offers from has 12 Division 1 offers in total, with many more to come.

The defending national champions thought enough to bring him to South Carolina and then offer him. But hell, what does Dabo Swinney really know about football?

Why are we even having this conversation?

Also EH graduating from schools in this area with an A average means your pretty much a C- student at most Colleges with the exception of Marshall. so unless you have college entrance scores in hand I don't know how you could rule one out as not needing IEP.

Students from this area struggle catching up when going off to college.

post-8005-0-10446600-1489509731_thumb.jpg

What's the college entrance exam scores?  Grades don't even matter when you are very intelligent if you don't score well on those entrance exams.  Of course you can retake and retake until you get lucky but most don't have the money to retake.