Resignation news of a past Roanoke Valley coach

Heard from some friends who have family down south that a coach who was very successful here in the Roanoke Valley about 20 years ago at Salem resigned at the school he was coaching. I remember my dad talking about how strong the teams at Salem were under this guy named Charlie Morgan. He said they won some state championships when he was there. Did he resign on his own or was he forced? I talked to my cousins down there in Tennessee and they said the school where he was didn't have a lot of talent as it used to which probably factored in and they said it was probably his decision but wasn't sure. Any word of if he is planning a return to this area? The Roanoke Valley and the New River Valley are hotbeds for basketball. I'm sure if he wanted to coach here in this area again he could with his resume from Salem.

From what I saw earlier it looks to be his decision. DB use to have a solid basketball program but they have not been very good in a few years.  They have lost a few elite players in recent years to Christ School in NC.