Colobro Out?

Blue_Crue

It all relates to coaches quitting.

No, it doesn't.  You made it about other coaches, showing your jealousy.  It's about Coach Colobro.  If you need some lessons in comprehending what is written, I'm here to help.  Don't just continue to show your lack of education and understanding.  We can see that clearly. This is about being correct.  You're not.  That's clear.

tbgfan, I didn't call him a quitter, that is yet to be seen.  He can only retire from his teaching job.   He will either have to quit or stay at the coaching position, he cannot retire from coaching at Richlands.  All I have said is that it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.  Rumors say he is packing up and leaving Richlands  for other coaching endeavors.  It is my opinion that the great coaches like Carlock from Graham stick it out.  If he quits coaching at Richlands I don't know what else you would call it besides quitting.  I just know that coaches jump on to kids and call them quitters all the time for quitting.  Everyone knows the upcoming talent in Richlands is slim pickings after next year.  I am just curious to see if he will be as loyal to Richlands during rocky times as you are to him now.

You are so full of S*** it's not funny.  You did say he was a quitter if he left.  Many, many great coaches have moved on and moved on from job to job.  The greatest, Merrill Gainer coached at 6 schools.  Retired from Bluefield after an 87-6-1 record and four state championships and went to Patrick Henry Roanoke and won another. Carlock played for him at Big Creek and was assistant for him at Bluefield and his successor, John Chmara, before taking over at Graham and doing great things there.  This whole area was influenced by Gainer and his assistants.  Let me make a list:

John Chmara - assistant and later head coach at Bluefield with two state championships - BTW went to Fauquier and had a great record there too

Glynn Carlock - player at Big Creek, assistant at Bluefield and head coach at Graham with 2 state championships

Dave Rider - player at Big Creek and head coach at Tazewell

Tim Sarver - player at Bluefield and 2 time state champion at Harrisonburg

Nick Colobro - player at Bluefield and 3 time state champion at Gate City

Dave Litz - played for Chmara at Bluefield and state champion at Tazewell

Fred Simon - played for Chmara at Bluefield and 4 time state champion at Bluefield

Tony Palmer - played for Carlock and current coach at Graham

Jim Hickam - player at Big Creek and 183 wins at Northside and 45 at Pulaski

just a few off the top of my head.

Also the Great area coaches like Carlock from Graham stick it out till the end.  From what I hear not the case here, I have heard he is packing up and selling out.  If this is true I guess Richlands don't mean as much to him as he does to Richlands.  I hope what I am hearing is not true.  City of Raven I am not interested, but now heres an opportunity to get you out of upstate New York and back in Ralphs 7 days a week mulling over your playbook.

I guess this was just a weak moment for ya.  Lol!  You're a liar, as well as a troll.

Look, you're not fooling anyone, troll boy.  We know why you're here.  Just admit

you're a jealous troll with your sole reason for exhistance being to stir up shit.  We know

that's who you are.  You're a shit-stirrer.  You're a weak excuse for a football fan, that

we know.

I quit my job as a coach in 2000...say something...I dare you...

Quit mine in 2006.  Various reasons, new baby.... sick child.  Stuff happens.  If Mance is taking another position to better himself, it would be awfully selfish to blame him for that.

As for Colobro leaving Tazewell, we'll all find out soon enough.  If it's true, so be it....move on.  Nothing to miss if he was never there to start with.  He could retire now, if he wants and maybe that is what he has decided to do, who knows.  May be best for THS if they get somebody that can be there for the long haul, anyway.

I don't pretend to know Mance's situation but if he's put in 30 years to the VRS and is still in his low 50's then it would make all the sense in the world for him to leave Richlands from a financial standpoint. The stipend isn't enough to keep anyone in the county alone. He could pull his retirement from VA & commute 60-90 mins to WV, TN, or KY to start a second retirement.

Call me NOSTRADAMUS, just got my timing wrong......

Posted by bucfan64 on 16 December 2016 - 01:27 PM in SWVA Football

So, what everyone is saying is that Colobro may very well get the job.

With that being said, I will change the direction of this thread and ask the question that everyone wants to know.

Who will get the job in two years after they run him off?

Under the impression that it was lack of participation from students in the weight lifting program. I guess with other sports going on it thins out, but I would think he would've thought of that coming in. There was a lot of excitement looking forward to the new season and different coaching, now we get to do it again. Tazewell needs to support the next coach and continue on, move forward.

Thanks for an answer. It seems like such a destructive cycle going on there. Again, as an outsider, I have heard it's the parents' fault. Then, I hear it's a lack of stability from coaching attributed to the above. Now lack of participation is a problem. When does it stop?

We have had the dead horse discussion concerning transfers before and how it takes a really special kid to stick it out. Maybe some of the parents are correct in leaving a toxic environment as one would leave the inner city, or "get above their raising" for the better.

Coach Mance is not perfect, but he and his staff deserve a ton of credit for investing in the athletes and changing the culture. Those who have transferred may not have all bettered themselves by Division 1 scholarships,but it's not the coaches fault. I personally don't like it, and we are blessed to be in such a positive environment, but I have seen first hand how the coaches and teammates try to positively influence the transfers. Some just don't seem to want it enough to try for themselves. While not teaching, I would not be surprised to see Coach Mance as coach for a few more years since Colobro opened that door as a possibility. If he don't, I wish him nothing but the best.

Are we 100% sure that he is gone? I won't believe it until I see it in writing.

We'll alot of people seen him turn his resignation in Monday night during the school board meeting? That help?