Richlands 2A Offensive Player of the year headed to Marshall

Milo

I think "walk on" means not actively recruited or awarded a scholarship.  He or his parents must be paying for his education, I assume.  The program must have some interest in him though to allow him to walk on.

For most, "walk on" means you pay your own way, you go to practice everyday, you work your ass off, the first teamers get to beat the $hit out of you on a daily basis and in return, you get to say you are part of the team.

I've been told he is going to walk on and give it a shot but if it doesn't work out, he's going to hit the books and get his degree.

I guess the question I really wanted to ask is, if you pay the tuition can you walk on to play football at any D1 school no matter what your skill of play is?

No.. not just anyone can show up and "walk on" a college football team. There has to be some interest there from the program. It's not like an open tryout. Seldom does a walk on do more than be a practice squad guy but of course there's always exceptions.

#SamRogers

His parents are hard working people like everyone else that wants there kid to go to college and get an education and play whatever sport they like! Unfortunately Marshall had already gave out all of there scholarships but liked John well enough to give him a walk on which means he does have to pay for his own tuition but could also earn a scholarship next year! I just wish him the best of luck up there at Marshall!

• 2 weeks later...

JLA is a good QB and he will be fine,I wish some of the local kids would get their due credit for what they have done, not where they play.I also wish the service ACADEMIES would get a harder look by our local talent. I know not everyone is willing to serve, but they build charactor and men, something most colleges dont.I hope that JLA sets every record MARSHALL has, good luck.