VA AA All-State

GMan

I wouldn't say over Ervin....Maybe over someone else on the list. Ervin most certainly deserved to be on the list. I thought McClung would get 2A player of the year but its a good thing I didn't have money riding on it. Guess being the top player on the team that wins the state title (while also being a senior) carries some weight. Not that George wasn't deserving because he was a great player....But I thought Mac stood a really good chance of getting it.

I wouldn't say over Ervin....Maybe over someone else on the list. Ervin most certainly deserved to be on the list. I thought McClung would get 2A player of the year but its a good thing I didn't have money riding on it. Guess being the top player on the team that wins the state title (while also being a senior) carries some weight. Not that George wasn't deserving because he was a great player....But I thought Mac stood a really good chance of getting it.

I thought Mac was a shoe in for POY, surprised he didn't get it. He deserved it.

But Slagle carried his team on his back and was always the primary scorer and was a true inside out threat, compared to Ervin who did his best work on the perimeter. I didn't see some of the other guys, but I think Slagle had a better season than Ervin. It's not a slight on Ervin whatsoever.

We will have to agree to disagree on that. There was games that Ervin completely took over on the outside and inside both and simply dominated. He averaged between 26-28 ppg for most of the season and only had a few games where he faltered and alot of that was due to sickness (which happened on a couple occasions). Slagle deserved to be on that list with Ervin.....But not in place of Ervin.

We will have to agree to disagree on that. There was games that Ervin completely took over on the outside and inside both and simply dominated. He averaged between 26-28 ppg for most of the season and only had a few games where he faltered and alot of that was due to sickness (which happened on a couple occasions). Slagle deserved to be on that list with Ervin.....But not in place of Ervin.

That's cool, we can jus agree to disagree. I'm not familiar w some of the other guys, but I seriously doubt that there were 10-15 better players in 2A than Slagle.

That's cool, we can jus agree to disagree. I'm not familiar w some of the other guys, but I seriously doubt that there were 10-15 better players in 2A than Slagle.

I would blame your coach. Those selections are as political as they come. Maybe he was pushing Mitchell more than Slagle? Either way, McClung/Ervin deserved to be on the list. 

Slagle is good and truthfully probably deserved to be on the list somewhere. (As did Ball from Richlands but that is a different point.) You look on the 1st team list, every player came from a team in the final 8 left in the state. 2nd team has more of a mix, but ultimately is comprised of each teams best player I would imagine. If Union knocks Richlands off, Mitchell or Slagle makes the list somewhere. 

I would blame your coach. Those selections are as political as they come. Maybe he was pushing Mitchell more than Slagle? Either way, McClung/Ervin deserved to be on the list. 

Slagle is good and truthfully probably deserved to be on the list somewhere. (As did Ball from Richlands but that is a different point.) You look on the 1st team list, every player came from a team in the final 8 left in the state. 2nd team has more of a mix, but ultimately is comprised of each teams best player I would imagine. If Union knocks Richlands off, Mitchell or Slagle makes the list somewhere.

Agreed. These lists are extremely political and you're right they favor teams who made it further even ifnthere were better players. I don't believe Lee had three kids better than Slagle or Ball.

• 4 weeks later...