Why no discussion ?

Here we are close to 3 weeks into the season and to say the least things are dead. Their have been some surprises and great individual feats so far but no one is reporting anything. PH is having a great start and Chilhowie is doing well also. Abingdon is probably the class of SWVA as for what I've read so far. I hope it gets cranked up and more people will start contributing info and we can have some clean spirited discussions.

Big matchup in the Cumberland today in softball with Eastside vs Rye Cove. They had some fun games last year and I believe both teams return most of their players.  RC is coming off a 7-4 win over Dobyns-Bennett and a 7-6 loss to Grainger County who finished top 16 in the Eastman Invitational.  Some errors late in the Grainger game cost RC a 6-1 lead.  Should be a good one this evening.

45 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Baseball is bad but softball may be the most competitive HS sport in SWVA though.  There are a lot of really good teams in the area.

I say that you are correct.  SWVA softball is yearly the most competitive and best executed sport in this area.  Also, an unusually high amount of college and D-1 talent coming from SWVA in that sport.

I would encourage anyone who has the chance to go watch some softball games.  Its a quick paced game and the girls around here can flat out play for the most part and the dedication is there.  I know there is a lot of travel baseball played and hopefully it becomes more competitive in our area also but seeing the girls that play travel ball currently makes me think the future may be even better than now.

Should be a good game at Chilhowie this afternoon with Fort Chiswell coming to Warrior Field. Both teams are fairing well so far this season and we should see a good game. Great afternoon for baseball.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/11/2017 at 0:58 PM, warrior4uva said:

Should be a good game at Chilhowie this afternoon with Fort Chiswell coming to Warrior Field. Both teams are fairing well so far this season and we should see a good game. Great afternoon for baseball.

I have a cousin playing for chilhowie. How they doing?