VT Football 17

vthokiez

What do you guys see as a reasonable record for my beloved Hokies this year?  I know that the backyard brawl will be a much welcome return game for the Hokies.  Excited already for the season.

I look for the defense to be stout. A little thin on the line, but returning all of the backers/whip and well as all 3 CB who played last year and Edmunds moving to safety. That allows Hunter to come in and have a shot at rover. 

On offense it's all about finding a QB and some WR. This team has potential to fight for another 10 win season and a possible ACCT birth. Or it could go 8-4 and head back to Shreveport. 

Yep, 8-4.  9-3 if we get lucky somewhere along the way and 7-5 if we play like we did vs. GT last year...

New QB, not much experience at RB and WR...could be a struggle.  D will be "VT decent" but thin on the DL...a few injuries could change everything...

I agree with most of you guys.  Do think that the QB position is going to be an interesting watch for sure.  I think Foster is recharged and can finally appreciate that we have an offense now.  I do think we will actually go 9-3 and that would be big for another recruiting class.  I think the ACC is becoming the conference to watch with all the good coaching hires.  

Spring game is next Saturday, the 22nd at 1pm. No one is allowed to watch any practices, so we have no clue (other than a 45 min media session I attended and what they release on SnapChat)  what is happening. 

I do know that when I saw that 45 minute session, Bush actually looked better than Jackson did. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Bush's stats were garbage in JUCO. So maybe he is overperforming those stats, or maybe Jackson isn't what we thought he'd be. Still think Hooker travels but gets the redshirt, similar to how they did Jackson last year. 

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Spring game is next Saturday, the 22nd at 1pm. No one is allowed to watch any practices, so we have no clue (other than a 45 min media session I attended and what they release on SnapChat)  what is happening. 

I do know that when I saw that 45 minute session, Bush actually looked better than Jackson did. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Bush's stats were garbage in JUCO. So maybe he is overperforming those stats, or maybe Jackson isn't what we thought he'd be. Still think Hooker travels but gets the redshirt, similar to how they did Jackson last year. 

Virginia Tech spring game is at 2:30, not 1:00.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/schedule/